Stock length question?

I just did my first saiga rifle conversion, and it was way easier than I had thought it would be. However the butt stock seems short, I was supposed to get a NATO length stock at 10.5". I was wanting to know if the length of the butt stock is measured from end to end, or from the reciever to the end of the stock? From end to end my stock measures about 10 1/2", but from reciever to the end of the stock is only 9 1/4". How are they measured?

Thanks,

Tony

As far as I know, they are measured from the receiver to the end of the stock, and that is what they call the "length of pull."

From receiver to end of stock my Russian plum measures just slightly over 9 1/4" and I know it is Warsaw length.

Then it sounds like I have a warsaw length stock. The site I got it from did not list the length of this stock, it only called it a original AK style stock. I'm a big guy so I'll probably pick up a NATO length stock for it later. Just a heads up to other newbies make sure you check the length of the stock you are purchising. I screwed up on this, but it was still an easy conversion and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for the info,

Tony

Length of pull is measured from the trigger to the end of the stock, but I'm pretty sure stock length is from the end of the stock to where it mates to the receiver. You have a Warsaw Pact length, I just measured mine and it is 9 1/4" as well. I guess just order a NATO and make sure its the right length and give that a try. :D