Molot Vepr 12 only shootable with Magnum Shells?

Hi to everybody,

í´m new here in the forum. I would buy a Molot 12 VEPR, i´ve found one

from a dealer for 1100,- € with Red dot sight. But now says my friend and

Weapondealer i shouldn´t buy the Molot-12 because it´s only good working

with magnum shells. The VEPR have this self regulating gas pressure system,

it´s able to buy some regulating valve to set more gas pressure in the system to

shoot with smaller 12/67,5 shells ??

please tell me it´s possible :-D

I don´t want only shoot with 12/67 shells, it´s damn expensive in germany :-/

Edited by Molotti

Welcome to the forum! As WaffenSchmied said, there isn't much info on here about the Vepr 12. All the info I have found about shell specification says 12,76mm. Molet's own website specifies this and a couple of other websites also specify the 76mm length.

If the Vepr 12 is like the Saiga 12 then you may be able to use the shorter 67,5mm with some adjustments to the gun. There maybe someone on here who has experience with this that may chime in but from what I found it all sugguest the 3" shell because of the greater pressure needed to operate the gas system.

Hope this helps!

Andy

I have a Saiga-12 with the similar if not exact same gas system. It will fire standard 2 3/4 shells all day. The only ammo it seems not to like it the 1200fps Winchester crap that you can get at Walmart. The cheap Federal works great though. You shouldn't have any problems and if you do there are a few things you can do to assist reliable function.

Molotti:

There is no problems with 12/67.5mm or normal 12/70 weak ammunition in Molot Vepr. Only thing you make - change recoil spring. Usable springs - for 1911/2011.

32g and lower - S&B slugs - custom spring.

36g - S&B Corona - normal spring.

Molotti:

There is no problems with 12/67.5mm or normal 12/70 weak ammunition in Molot Vepr. Only thing you make - change recoil spring. Usable springs - for 1911/2011.

32g and lower - S&B slugs - custom spring.

36g - S&B Corona - normal spring.

Oh sorry,

forgott about that this is a Saiga 12 board.

I read that much and don´t think about..

But Ufo, thats really nice what you are writing. Do you try this different springs on a Molot Vepr ?

I would purchase the one with the 430mm barrel.

Thanks for your support guy´s !!

First Molot Vepr 12 - it was hard nut - only for magnum shells. It was undergassed - new gas hole - inserthole( for tools ) was covered by TIG.

Second Molot Vepr 12 - customized spring for slugs and buckshoots from S&B. First spring is half(made from original).

• 2 years later...

Can we move this topic to the VEPR 12 section now? The VEPR 12 US version shoots low brass and cheap ammo, 2 3/4" to 3" shells, 1290fps, 1 oz and up. To shoot low recoil and less than 1 oz and lighter loads, it will need the reduced power recoil spring.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-204/saiga-reduced-power-recoil/Detail

Keep an eye your rear trunnion.

All the European competitors talk about running 28 gram loads as their main ammo. However, it is unclear whether most of them had to open up the gas system in order to do so flawlessly.

Paging PapaZoro.

• 2 weeks later...