Hello From Virginia - Any other Richmonders here?

New to the Saiga world

I always see them as I browse the local gun shows and have decided that they will be my next 2 gun purchases

first up is the saiga12 since i am in desperate need for a new shotgun

then i get to decide between a 7.62 or a .038

ive been lurking here for quite some time and this place seems to be thriving with info

and if any of you live in/around richmond va, and have done conversions i would love to be able to drain your brain when the time comes

New to the Saiga world

I always see them as I browse the local gun shows and have decided that they will be my next 2 gun purchases

first up is the saiga12 since i am in desperate need for a new shotgun

then i get to decide between a 7.62 or a .038 - Do you mean a .308? If so both cals are the same

ive been lurking here for quite some time and this place seems to be thriving with info

and if any of you live in/around richmond va, and have done conversions i would love to be able to drain your brain when the time comes

Born in Hampton, the old man in Richmond.... Welcome aboard.....

Added:

If you are in VA, I do not think you can convert the weapon over, I suggest that check out your local laws on assault weapons.....

Edited by 308saiga

Cromags,

Hello and welcome to the forum with a word of caution. Saigas can be addictive as a Saiga-12 often leads to a Saiga rifle and vice-versa. I'm south of the James in the Chester/ Enon area and have been using my Saiga-12 for a few years now in 3-gun matches. The local gunshows will have fair if slightly inflated price on firearms such as the Saiga. Try Darksun's prices as they usually are not too bad and keep a large inventory on hand.

If there are any local laws preventing conversion in Virginia then I'm not aware of those specifics.

• 6 months later...

I was born in Hampton, still live here.

There aren't any VA laws against conversion here. There is no assault weapons ban. There is a law about possession of assault weapons, but it relates to possession while commiting another crime, which allows them to tack on another charge of "possession of an assault weapon during the commission of....".

It applies while in possession of any centerfire rifle or pistol with a magazine inserted that holds more than 20rds.

There is a law that bans the posssession of spring loaded drum magazines, that was related to the Street Sweeper ban, but a seperate law. I'm trying to find out whether it applies to the Saiga drums or not, as there's been no mention of it.

• 1 month later...