Unconverted Saiga with picatinny rail

Picked this up yesterday at my local gunshop and I noticed it already had a picatinny rail on it. I plan on converting it before my hunting trips this December. I'm new to Saigias, will the rail need to be removed before the conversion?

saiga1.JPG

saiga2.JPG

Edited by longhorn03

Morning; that mount is an add on scope mount it is simply removed by flipping the rounded lever to the rear and sliding the mount off the gun there is no reason to take it off for std. conversion

Astrowrench they are good mounts

Edited by astrowrench

Picked this up yesterday at my local gunshop and I noticed it already had a picatinny rail on it. I plan on converting it before my hunting trips this December. I'm new to Saigias, will the rail need to be removed before the conversion?

saiga1.JPG

saiga2.JPG

Here is a link for the conversion, great videos.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=57912

Great, thanks for the info. I'll be working on it little by little over the next month. Just ordered all the conversion parts from Dinzag this morning.

+1 Great deals fron Dinzag they rock! That mount is nice to...what did you pay for the pkg?

$500 before taxes. I know I probably could have gotten it cheaper over the internet, but it was an impulse buy.

there is no reason to take it off for std. conversion

No reason except you can't disassemble your rifle with it mounted.

If it just slides off then hopefully it won't be a big deal.

it does, just move the locking arm from left to right and slide it off. very simple quick detach design. Ive got two of them.

Great, thanks for the info. I'll be working on it little by little over the next month. Just ordered all the conversion parts from Dinzag this morning.

+1 Great deals fron Dinzag they rock! That mount is nice to...what did you pay for the pkg?

$500 before taxes. I know I probably could have gotten it cheaper over the internet, but it was an impulse buy.

actually thats a very good deal. cheapest i can find is about 450. thats before shipping and transfer fees, add in those fees, plus the price of that nice scope mount you got and thats a damn good price.

it does, just move the locking arm from left to right and slide it off. very simple quick detach design. Ive got two of them.

I moved the locking arm back and it's not sliding off. I'm tempted to get a rubber hammer to give it a little encouragement. Anyway this mount could possibly be bolted in place?

I moved the locking arm back and it's not sliding off. I'm tempted to get a rubber hammer to give it a little encouragement. Anyway this mount could possibly be bolted in place?

I doubt its bolted. You would be able to see it. Give the mount a good look just to make sure. Then try unscrewing the bottom screw all the way off, like completely taking it all apart and see if it'll come off then. Then if not, give it a love tap to see if itll brake free.