I like my SP101. Picked one up late last year for a decent price. Smoothed the trigger, melted the edges, polished the stainless, stuck a Mepro night sight on the front and a Hogue grip to absorb some of the recoil.

It quickly became my around the house and town carry piece. OWB with that size revolver is surprisingly comfortable.

Also have a GP100 and have been very happy with its performance too.

SP01NS.jpg

I like my SP101. Picked one up late last year for a decent price. Smoothed the trigger, melted the edges, polished the stainless, stuck a Mepro night sight on the front and a Hogue grip to absorb some of the recoil.

It quickly became my around the house and town carry piece. OWB with that size revolver is surprisingly comfortable.

Also have a GP100 and have been very happy with its performance too.

SP01NS.jpg

Damn, that's purdy! :super:

How long did it take to get that shine?

Thanks, I think it's purdy too.

The polish only took a couple hours initially, surface and edge prep took longer. It has undergone two "melting's"...so far.

First was files and fine grit metal sandpaper for the hard edges (half day), then dremel with polish compound and mothers mag hand polish for surface shine (half day).

The second melting (half day) was done when installing the Mepro night sight. I figured might as well do the nose more since I had the sight off. I did more of the edges overall and used a sisal wheel with fine polish on the bench grinder to bring the shine up. The wheel makes short work of it and does a great job. I still hand polished with mother's mag polish.

I have heard of others just using the mag polish and being happy with the increased shine. I tempted to give it a try on the GP100.

SouthernOne- I shoot outside and don't notice muzzle flash....it is really bright out here. It would be interesting to see what it does at night.

Thanks, I think it's purdy too.

The polish only took a couple hours initially, surface and edge prep took longer. It has undergone two "melting's"...so far.

First was files and fine grit metal sandpaper for the hard edges (half day), then dremel with polish compound and mothers mag hand polish for surface shine (half day).

The second melting (half day) was done when installing the Mepro night sight. I figured might as well do the nose more since I had the sight off. I did more of the edges overall and used a sisal wheel with fine polish on the bench grinder to bring the shine up. The wheel makes short work of it and does a great job. I still hand polished with mother's mag polish.

I have heard of others just using the mag polish and being happy with the increased shine. I tempted to give it a try on the GP100.

SouthernOne- I shoot outside and don't notice muzzle flash....it is really bright out here. It would be interesting to see what it does at night.

So does polishing stainless steel make it more prone to rust or corrosion?