Left handed charging handle

Interested in making a precision cut on the reciever cover of my S12, cutting off and smoothing out the factory charging handle and welding on a new Tromix skull chargin handle onto the left side of my S12. Is it that easy? I see a lot of pics of people new charging handles welded on vertically/upright as opposed to horizontally like the factory one. Would it be a bad idea to weld it on horizontally because of the direction of weight or would it not really matter?

I also realize Tromix discontinued that damn thing. IDK why cause they are cooool! I alrady have 1 I got literally less than a week b4 they discontinued it. Just wanted to put that out there that I have it already and that's what I planned on using. Would the Galil stlye charging handle be a bad idea to weld horizontally instead of vertically?

I just did that for a customer, welded the Tromix skull handle on horizontally on the left.

Don't know yet how it will hold up, but I'm not expecting any issues, or I wouldn't have done it to begin with.

Good deal. thanks. :super: I thought there might be more responses or opinions on this, but I guess not.

I do not have one but I often wondered what is the point of the vertical charging handle? It seem to me that it would be awkward at best. The left side handle seems logical for right handed people but the vertical thing not so much.

word! I have wondered the same damn thing! :unsure: I think a skull sticking out horizontally) from the bolt carrier of my S12 would be tiiiggghht! :super: Also waayy more effective in my opinion as opposed to vertically. That is if functionality doesn't matter in this case. The left handed handle for righty's...yeah..also just an opinion, but you can keep your hand on the grip and eyes down the sights during a FTE, FTF...w.e. wayyy faster w.o. having to lower the gun, put the stock against your hip/thigh w.e, reach your left hand across the top of the gun and grab the charging handle, then charge it and possibly have to turn the gun sideway to dump an round that FTE while holding arm across the gun and still having the gun down, then let it go nad raise the gun back up again and aquire target. I did drag that out quite a bit, but that's real. A left handed charging handle is a lot more effective in my opinion for speed and tactical efficiency.