Bayonet lug mount how much?

What do I need to do to install a bayonet lug/mount to put a knife on it. So it looks more like an AK47, does it just like weld in place? or do I need a whole new front sights? And where could I get one ?

You'll need a new front sight block. K-Var sells the Bulgarian AK-74 style FSBs, which I believe is the best way to go.

What do I need to do to install a bayonet lug/mount to put a knife on it. So it looks more like an AK47, does it just like weld in place? or do I need a whole new front sights? And where could I get one ?

You'll need a new front sight block. K-Var sells the Bulgarian AK-74 style FSBs, which I believe is the best way to go.

That requires a dremel? sounds hard. I thought it was much simpler, do you happen to know a video/instruction web page on how to install one? I would like to go over it before I tryed anything.

Edited by chosenasaiga

That requires a dremel? sounds hard. I thought it was much simpler, do you happen to know a video/instruction web page on how to install one? I would like to go over it before I tryed anything.

Yeah, you'll need a dremel to cut off the old one. Here is a thread from another member giving a tutorial on swapping the FSB.

You will need a muzzle device of the correct diameter and the correct gas block to mount an AKM bayonet.

On an AKM (stamped receiver 7.62 rifle, the bayonet mounts onto the gas block and the muzzle device.

On an AK74 or later style, the bayonet mounts onto the sight block and the muzzle brake.

All in all it is actually quite a bit of work to swap the gas block, as it also involves removing the front sight block as well. It's not difficult I wouldn't say, and I've done it on two AK's, one Romanian in 7.62, and one Saiga in 5.45, but it is not something to be taken lightly either.