Polish Tantal Safety lever on a Saiga 7.62 x 39 ?

Greetings, all. After an exhaustive search that bore no fruit , I figured that I would ask here. I'm a south-paw Saiga operator that was wondering if the left-hand Safety Selector on a Polish Tantal would fit in a Saiga 7.62 x 39 ? Replies woulud be greatly appreciated, and if it does, could you post up some pics ? Thanks again, fellas !

Yes, it will fit (you'll need both parts).

Instead of installing the whole contraption, you'd just install the left and right side levers and pin them together (so they both move from either side).

The force necessary to operate it will not be to your liking, though.

Instead of installing the whole contraption, you'd just install the left and right side levers and pin them together (so they both move from either side).

Is the fit of the lever too tight ? Any way around that, or a way to make it more easier ?

Is the fit of the lever too tight ? Any way around that, or a way to make it more easier ?

No, the lever'll fit fine.

It's just that the safety is designed to be operated by a ~3" lever, not a little ½" one.

No, the lever'll fit fine.

It's just that the safety is designed to be operated by a ~3" lever, not a little ½" one.

Any way to make that easier ?

"Making it easier" also makes for a floppy safety.

As in "flops on and off when physics demand it".

P.S. Just think of it like this:

A job requires the use of a 3 foot wrench, and you want to use a 6 inch wrench. How do you think that's going to work for ya?

P.P.S You should look for a galil left-side safety. They're designed for this, and only require normal human strength to operate.

Edited by nalioth

"Making it easier" also makes for a floppy safety.

As in "flops on and off when physics demand it".

P.S. Just think of it like this:

A job requires the use of a 3 foot wrench, and you want to use a 6 inch wrench. How do you think that's going to work for ya?

P.P.S You should look for a galil left-side safety. They're designed for this, and only require normal human strength to operate.

Awesome. Thanks for that, brother. ;)

I'm pretty sure you're going to need to do more work than is being said here...

Heres a good informational thread on the polish safety

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=98060

Some of the major differences in the polish tantal to the standard saiga are first off the location and size/shape of the safety holes in the reciever...

welded.JPG

you can get a good start on understanding this by looking at the newer style tapco retaining plates.

AK0690.JPG

Notice the two rear holes and how one has a enlongation in it? this is for a polish safety. the hole higher and to the rear more is for a standard selector.

the whole thing can be made to work from the standard ak spot with modification of the saftey and the reciever, and some fabrication. other methods are possible, I just know what I did.

<snip>

Some of the major differences in the polish tantal to the standard saiga are first off the location and size/shape of the safety holes in the reciever...

There is no difference in the location of the safety holes.

There is no difference in the location of the safety holes.

Please be sure to write NoDak Spud and inform them they have made a mistake.

Standard AK recievers...

NDS-1KPweb-2.jpg

nds2sf-2web.jpg

Tantal

NDS-2T-2web.jpg

• 2 weeks later...