AK47 style magazine will not fit Saiga 7.62x39 rifle

Ywhic,

Yours looks good. I didn't make the side square and mine still latches. Oh well, it works. Should have looked at your pic before hand. Good job!

The mag 'catch' must be lightly filed just till the AK mag fits/clicks in.

post-8775-087449800 1286240948_thumb.jpg

Go VERY slow and use either a FLAT file or something like it..

Thank you for the quick reply! Will-do.

Ok. Done. New mag now works. I think I did a good job. No excess play in the mag. Maybe a pinch. I guess if I did it again, I should have done two less strokes with the file (Pic below. Bought at HF. 12 in a pack for $3). lol! More a joke than anything, I am just anal about things being perfect.

Another question? The mag "latch" (name?) and behind it have no paint now. Small amount. Regular semi gloss or BBQ paint? What are you guys using? Also, are you hitting it or using a q-tip?

Thanks again! One thing down, a few more to go. Bullet guide next.

post-27086-093254300 1286256287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saiga7081

some go with BBQ paint.. if you were to refinish the bottom totally I'd say Duplicolor LOW GLOSS black engine 500 paint.

Looks fine.. since you took off just enough your factory mags should still lock in also with very little play too.

Al

The factory mags will not work with a bullet guide installed.

some go with BBQ paint.. if you were to refinish the bottom totally I'd say Duplicolor LOW GLOSS black engine 500 paint.

Looks fine.. since you took off just enough your factory mags should still lock in also with very little play too.

Al

ACtually my last aiga worked fine with the factory mag after Installed a Dinzag guide. I modified the factory 10 rounder to a handy 15 rounder, and used it all the time.

Al

ACtually my last aiga worked fine with the factory mag after Installed a Dinzag guide. I modified the factory 10 rounder to a handy 15 rounder, and used it all the time.

I bought my bullet guide from CSS,they don't say who makes them.

Factory mags will not work with it installed.

Al

I bullet seemed to go in fine with my factory mag (after bullet guide install). Maybe it was just me?

KenSr.. depends on how far rearward the BG is put in.. I have mine just at the break point..

I installed with the factory mag in and marked center.. then removed mag and drilled/tapped.. I run both types with 0 issues..

Saiga7081... yours is actually forward abit (under trunnion).. should be fine though.

If it hand feeds it should run fine.. don't mess if it isn't broken..

Al

KenSr.. depends on how far rearward the BG is put in.. I have mine just at the break point..

I installed with the factory mag in and marked center.. then removed mag and drilled/tapped.. I run both types with 0 issues..

Saiga7081... yours is actually forward abit (under trunnion).. should be fine though.

If it hand feeds it should run fine.. don't mess if it isn't broken..

Al

Thanks. You saw other post I did? It seems fine. I thought I was supposed to put it fwd all the way? Too late now..haha :) But, ya, all seems well.