Saiga-12 Siting In The New Magpul Dynamic Shotgun Trailer

• 1 month later...

I got mine the other day and finally had time to watch disc one. While the S12 is shown. There is no instruction on the S12 platform. The DVD set is good. The whole first disc is all about feeding a tube gun. I haven't watched the second disc yet but I think it is about positions etc so that might be of more interest to a S12 owner.

One thing that is interesting is they talk often about the complexity of running a shotgun because you cannot simply insert a box mag and pull the charging handle. I've enjoyed the DVD but if you don't have a tube fed shotgun then you may be a bit disappointed. I have tube fed guns but was a little disappointed that there was no instruction on the S12. I understand it is still a niche weapon compared to the prominent tube fed guns but perhaps they shouldn't show it repeatedly in their trailer if there is basically nothing do to with that weapon system on the DVDs. The discuss it very briefly in the gear selection portion of DVD 3 with Costa making a dismissive comment as to the feasibility of carrying a 10 round mag around to reload it. Travis mentions he prefers it for breaching and gives his reasoning why. That and a few clips of it being shot are all the S12 content I've seen on two of the three discs. There is no indication that disc two will have anymore. None of the students in the class are using one. All of the day one focus is inapplicable to the S12.

Good DVD set but not really aimed at the S12 owner.