Scopes for the 'budget minded'.. ?? Suggestions?

Ok. I need your folks help.. trying to stay between $100-150 for a scope.. but want 12x power..

I am looking at the following scopes. for my 308 Saiga... so its got to HOLD up abit to recoil.

BSA 3-14x44 w/mil-dot reticle (Tactical Model).. has a 3.7" ER (eye relief).. about $80

Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 w/500 yard BDC reticle... #6325.. has a 3.7 ER... about $150-170

Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-12x40 w/600 yard DOA reticle... #73-4120B.. has a 3.5" ER... about $150-170

Bushnell Banner 4-12x40 w/Multi-X reticle... #71-4124.. has a 3.3 ER... about $84-110

I have a Bushnell in 3-9x40 but want a little more distance capability..

Anyone have ANY of these BRANDS or TYPES?? Feel free to look them up and give your $.02 on them..

I'm open to other options.. like a BDC reticle (for multiple distances) or no-less than a Mil-Dot..??

Suggestions???

Albert

A while ago I was looking for a scope for my K31 (7.5x55mm). After researching it seemed that the Nikon Prostaff outclasses almost every other option in it's price range.

I got one and love it. Mine is 3-9 with the regular reticule not the bdc one.

• 1 month later...

Go to your local WalMart and look into the Center Fire brand of scopes. Six months ago I bought the 4-16x40 Mil Dot for my .223. So far it's working fine. I think the price was right around $90. It's no match to my Leupold scopes, but at 25% of the cost I wouldn't think it would be.