Buffer Tube

Never seen those before so I have no idea how well they work.

You can buy all kinds of set ups to mount an AR buffer tubes and then put what ever stock you want on it.

could look at the Endine shot shock.

I have a ACE folding stock and I think the recoil isn't bad at all.

Never seen those before so I have no idea how well they work.

You can buy all kinds of set ups to mount an AR buffer tubes and then put what ever stock you want on it.

could look at the Endine shot shock.

I have a ACE folding stock and I think the recoil isn't bad at all.

Getting a buffer tube is more for mounting an ar/m4 stock than reducing recoil for me I just want a solid one preferably like the metal vltor model .

The tube is just a way to mount a stock. On ARs it house the buffer, hence the name buffer tube. Having a set up with a tube allows you to easly adjust the length of your stock. Putting a pad on your stock helps. There are also replacements parts such as the endine that is a hydraulic piston or the mercury recoil reducer. Some people have filled their stocks with shot. Really a good pad is the simplest way to cut down on the recoil you feel.

i posted the EXACT same question not to long ago, did you search the forum before posting this? is it just me or does the search function suck on this site?

i only got a couple responses, Greg from CSS said he has heard reports of them causing malfunctions due to the energy absorption i did some more research and found a vendor on this site that uses them in their Saiga-12 builds and they told me that they had never had any issues with reliability caused by this stock. that could be b/c their guns are highly tuned and polished befor the stock is added. either way they informed me that the stock tube does indeed reduce recoil and they they liked them. obviously if there willing to put them on there high end custom Saiga's they must be happy with them.

if your gun is borderline undergassed i would avoid this kind of stock though b/c i have no doubt it could cause it to FTE.

If you do get one PLEASE let us know how it works out for ya b/c ive been thinking of getting one of those stock tubes with a CTR stock, i just havent had the money to do it yet.

also they make a shock absorbing stock, where the recoil spring is built into the locking lug of the stock and can be used with and stock tube. it comes with an adjustable cheek piece, its alittle higher but it looks like a really nice stock. the same vendor said that it was a nice stock but didnt seem to absorb as much recoil as the stock tube.

Edited by big-J

I use an ACE Ultra Lite stock with their 1" pad and I find the felt recoil to be very managable. Of course, there are several other parts you can use on a S-12 that more directly address it, such as AR style buffer tubes etc. Mike at Lone Star Arms has recently started including those in some of his builds and they do seem to make an appreciable difference. A couple pics:

lsalowrecoilbuild2.jpg

lsalowrecoilbuild.jpg

Personally, I'm sticking with my wonderfully functional, ugly, (to some), Ultra Lite stock, but am going with a Tromix Monster Brake, (on a cut-down barrel), to address recoil on the business end of the weapon. She's still down at the shop atm, but I can't wait to see how well this works and feel "the breeze". :D

Some parts on mine are different, but when she's done, she'll look a lot like this one:

lsacssbuilda.png