Folding stock for saiga

So I'm now in a state where having a folding stock is legal, so I'm thinking about adding a side folding stock to my converted saiga. I saw an 8.5" ACE skeletonized stock on Carolina shooters for $65 but said it needed a folding tool. I really have no idea what it means by that. Most of the folding stocks that come all setup cost double that and way past my price range. How would I go about installing that ACE stock on my rifle so that it folds? Any recommendations on how to do this or install a good folding stock for not too much would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=741666

That's about as cheap as you can get the complete setup for a folding stock. It's functional, but might not be as tacticool as the ACE setup.

The skeletonized stock with need the $60 adapter to allow it to fold, the $65 is for the stock only so you're at about $125 for the stock and adapter from Carolina Shooters.

The biggest negative on the wire folder is the lack of a check weld. I rest on my shoulder to compensate. I used a US SGM tri-rail forearm for compliance. There is also the Hungarian AMD folder (which are cheap), but that would require messing with the rear trunion and cutting the receiver.

post-3460-088854000 1287590760_thumb.jpg

post-3460-067562700 1287590745_thumb.jpg

post-3460-029452000 1287590771_thumb.jpg

Edited by dobravery

The biggest negative on the wire folder is the lack of a check weld. I rest on my shoulder to compensate. I used a US SGM tri-rail forearm for compliance. There is also the Hungarian AMD folder (which are cheap), but that would require messing with the rear trunion and cutting the receiver.

That's a nice looking setup!

Ouch, so it looks to get a decent folding stock on my saiga, it will be like another $125?

Well, hypothetically if I do swing that, is installation straight-forward. I was hearing about welds and cutting and I would prefer to not have to do that. Especially if I'm forking out $125.

And DoBravery is right, I would definitely want a cheek weld. Also with the folding stocks, is the length the same as the Warsaw or nato stocks?

So in a nutshell, it sounds like if I want a folding stock on my saiga it will cost about $130. Cheapers ones probably will not be as functionally nice and may require modding my rifle. And other options like Tapco folding stocks are just not a good idea. Yes/No?

Thanks again.