The movie was great, but it wasn't a Christian recruitment flick. It dealt with the bible, and some people are always gonna be offended by that.

The central theme of the movie was about faith, morality, and religion's impact on humanity. How in a world without religion, everything dissolved into dog eat dog. How religion could lead to massive war. How religion could be used to gather power and manipulate a populace. And, how it could help pave the way in the reconstruction of society. Well, that and watching a badass version of Denzel sword/gun-fighting his way across a post-apocalyptic US fending off biker gangs, robbers, power-hungry egomaniacs and the occasional cannibal.

I gave it a 7.5 out of 10. There's still a lot of potential for a P.A. themed movie. :killer:

Did anyone else take note of the importance of the knowledge we are aquiring now and its usefulness in a apocolyptic lawless situation. I am thinking bout that machete and an 870 shorty like that now...

Whatever you do, don't forget your iPod! :haha:

bookofeli_ipod.jpg

30 years after the end of the world (and Apple's disappearance), the shitty Li-Ion battery is still working - on an iPod from 2003! :lolol:

Li-Ions have a life of 3...5 years - unless they are used in Hollywood's movies. I wonder why everybody's using the shitty cells - we have a right to the good cells! :devil:

[/end rant]

:haha:

Well if that was a rant you suck because he was using a motorcycle battery to charge and play it...if you want to make an impression at least try and remember or actually watch the film...lol

I might be a little drunk, but I don't think I like your tone... If "tongue in cheek"... I apologize! :cryss: I'm not looking for a fight. I am just explaining the obvious.

I don't think I suck because it seems you can't read...

Think hard about people and stones in glass houses...

Movie = 2010 - 2003 (iPod) + 30 (in the future) = 37 years. And I actually watched the movie... lol-back:

Li-Ions have a life of 3...5 years

He can charge a piece of wood for all that I care (or maybe a potato - he'll get more "charge" of that one).

3...5 years is specified for 50...80% capacity left in the cells (depends who's doing the "specmansheet" - engineering department or marketing).

... But because overcharged Li-Ion cells have the bad habit of exploding, some smart mo-fos provided them with "protection circuits" (over-charge/over discharge). Anything out of that range and the battery is effectively disconnected. I can provide schematics.

So "your" motorcycle battery would accomplish (worst case) the task of amputating the fingers of the "charger" (trying to put "charge" into something "non-existing"). :angel:

FYI:

http://www.buchmann....icle4-page1.asp

http://electronics.h...ion-battery.htm

:ph34r:

Lol...I'm just stating the obvious that you missed with you vast knowledge of Li-Ions...lol So no offense taken or intended..lol But I don't think that he was charging li-ion just using the 6v battery to run the i=pod...lol

Edited by DJ Big Dog