Saiga 12 Elevated Front Sights

The stock fixed sight on my S12 are really dinky and I'd like to get a longer sight radius for shooting trap. Problem is, they seem to be hard to find and I'm leery about how they mount. Does anybody have any experience with any of the elevated front sights out there? The part thats for sale on this site has been out of stock for several weeks. Krebs Custom has one is stock, but I'm not sure that I really want the front sight ears if I'm going to be shooting trap (although it wouldnt be hard to remove them). Also I dont want a "combo" unit that has the integral muzzle brake because I've got a polychoke on my S12.

Any thoughts?

How about Dinzag's raised front sight?

He has a short one to use with the factory pistol style sight... It works with the poly choke, & when you fit everything, you can notch the very back of your polychoke to be able to lock it in with dinzag's front sight's index pin. Also, it secures with a hidden set-screw, so it looks better & due to the low profile on the bottom & you could still use his bayonet lug if you so desired in the future.

fsbs12ts_1.jpg

s12-poly.jpg

Or.... You could try to go to Russia & get this one...

0_value_15869_188-1.jpg

Click the pic to see some neat guns. :)

I saw that--looks cleaner, but how well does the setscrew hold the sight post in place? I'm leery about how durably it will stay in place/not lose its zero. I also wonder about how you align it--put it on, make some index marks, and zero it in on the range, then clamp it down, if I had to guess?

I saw that--looks cleaner, but how well does the setscrew hold the sight post in place? I'm leery about how durably it will stay in place/not lose its zero.

Well...

Set screws hold fairly well... That being said, once you zero the sights in, a little red Loctite should secure it, right nicely... If you ever needed to remove it, just boil it for a few seconds & it can be loosened, however, if the barrel just gets hot, then cools, it will re-harden...

And then... If you're certain you're at your zero, there's always silver solder.

I also wonder about how you align it--put it on, make some index marks, and zero it in on the range, then clamp it down, if I had to guess?

Use laser a bore sighter & slugs.

Set the bore sighter to zero, then match your sights to it.

12-gauge-bore-sighter-b.jpg