Which peep sight?

Took my Saiga out for the first time today and it ran great. My only complaint is the rear sights (shocker right?). I'd like to get a rear peep sight for a better sight picture but I'd like a rear sight app large enough to include the front sight side guards like this....

right-aperture-rear-rifle-sight-200X200.jpg

I don't want the rear app so small that just the post is visible. Will the Mojo sights do this?

Thanks

Took my Saiga out for the first time today and it ran great. My only complaint is the rear sights (shocker right?). I'd like to get a rear peep sight for a better sight picture but I'd like a rear sight app large enough to include the front sight side guards like this....

right-aperture-rear-rifle-sight-200X200.jpg

I don't want the rear app so small that just the post is visible. Will the Mojo sights do this?

Thanks

2isdus6.jpg

Thanks but I don't think there is any way I could spend that much. The Saiga itself only cost me $300.

I got mojo peeps on all my other AK rifles. With my nose nearly touching the back cover, the rear sight hole matches the front sight hood diameter.

The front post only covers 1/5 of the hole.

You can enlarge the hole to suit you. I had the Mojo on a 223 AK and it worked great.

Glad you mentioned that I almost forgot about that. I got the widest ring installed on all of mine the .150 aperature and that is the one that I see

a matching front sight hood size with my nose nearly touching the rear receiver.

Within reasonable limits the larger the rear aperture the larger the sight picture and more difficulty centering the post. You may find yourself centering the "circle" made by the protective ears and not the post. The whole idea of the aperture is to take advantage of the eye's natural tendency to center object in a field of view. Too large an opening may cause you more grief than solutions. I much prefer to only see the post if at all possible. The M16 sight picture is different in that the ears do not close to make a circle but open to form a V shape, this is no accident. Either way enjoy.

Within reasonable limits the larger the rear aperture the larger the sight picture and more difficulty centering the post. You may find yourself centering the "circle" made by the protective ears and not the post. The whole idea of the aperture is to take advantage of the eye's natural tendency to center object in a field of view. Too large an opening may cause you more grief than solutions. I much prefer to only see the post if at all possible. The M16 sight picture is different in that the ears do not close to make a circle but open to form a V shape, this is no accident. Either way enjoy.

You have an excellent point. Military Peep sights (like M16, M1, M1A, M1 carbine, HK, etc) are used with non-movable front sights that are centered in the "post and wing" arrangement By centering the wings in the peep, the post is center. On AKs, the windage is adjusted with the post, so centering the wings will not work. You would have to center the front sight in the wings and use an adjustable rear sight peep.

Thanks guys for all the help. I have decided not to go with a peep but keep the same stock sights. I have ordered a Ultimak gas tube and will be mounting my Aimpoint on it to co-witness. I have come to except that I will not be able to get the exact sight picture I want. Even with the best options out there I don't really like the view. I'll just have to get my iron sight jollies from my AR's.

Thanks again.

Thanks guys for all the help. I have decided not to go with a peep but keep the same stock sights. I have ordered a Ultimak gas tube and will be mounting my Aimpoint on it to co-witness. I have come to except that I will not be able to get the exact sight picture I want. Even with the best options out there I don't really like the view. I'll just have to get my iron sight jollies from my AR's.

Thanks again.

I have a future project where I plan on making a color stripe match set from existing AK sights.

21e3uvr.jpg

which is not too different than this

sw_web_1.jpg

You have an excellent point. Military Peep sights (like M16, M1, M1A, M1 carbine, HK, etc) are used with non-movable front sights that are centered in the "post and wing" arrangement By centering the wings in the peep, the post is center. On AKs, the windage is adjusted with the post, so centering the wings will not work. You would have to center the front sight in the wings and use an adjustable rear sight peep.

Exactly although IIRC the front sight on the M16 was elevation adjustable hence the V shape so the shooters eye would not be fooled. Ive decided not to invest great amounts of money into the Saiga and will let it be what it is a good high reliable MBR that Ive taken as far as I wish. If I ever shot competitive want more accuracy I will grab an M1A that I know checks out and get the expensive ammo to feed it. I know it a lot of money but better to start with a rifle designed for accuracy its cheaper in the long run.