Is there a good 7.62x39 round for yawing?

I was reading about which rounds are most effective on soft targets with 7.62x39, A couple articles compared 7.62 soft point yawing to that of 5.45.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good 7.62x39 that yaws well in soft targets? (like in a couple inches)

From what I have read Wolf and Bear Soft point seems to be the way to go. It has this affect and is pretty easy to get and fairly cheap. HP's and FMJ's not so much. Although I'm guessing FMJ has a better penetration

Anyone like or dislike Bear? I havent used it yet.

Brown bear is like $120 for 500 rounds!

polished zinc vs lacquered steel case? whats the difference?

Edited by MikeMacCham
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...I do. I had a girlfriend once who had this great big ass. It was the best year of my life. A bit of fat is not a bad thing.     Oh also T3, please stop talking about murder, this is a family ori

soft targets like deer or soft targets like humans?

Really? I think you have a sick obsession for me, anything I post strikes a nerve with you.         I just find the whole thing comical, but hey, keep fantisizing about the breakdown of society

my saiga really likes the brown bear fmj. there are some pretty good videos on youtube showing various rounds of 7,62 going through ballistic gelatin. from what I've seen the soft points don't yaw - they will expand and plow right on through. the brown bear fmj I've seen on youtube through ballistic gelatin began to yaw after about 3 inches or so (*edit - looks like a bit more than that actually*). once home & at a pc I will see about .cfm"]linking you to those tests on utube.

edit: to add link to ballistic gel tests

Edited by imaghn

Wolf Military Classic with its 8M3 HP "Sapsan" bullet is supposed to be devastating. It behaves like a quality .223 round at 100 yards, expanding, fragmenting and causing a huge permanent cavity. MC HP is what I am stocking these days.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

does it make a difference?

:osama: Human.

Dont mind T3mac, he has a sick obsession for talking about killing humans. Who knows why. :rolleyes: Id say closet schizo. :lolol:

Really? I think you have a sick obsession for me, anything I post strikes a nerve with you.

I just find the whole thing comical, but hey, keep fantisizing about the breakdown of society and how your rounds will perform on the hordes of "soft targets" you'll be shooting. :lolol:

• Like 1

Dont mind T3mac, he has a sick obsession for talking about killing humans. Who knows why. :rolleyes: Id say closet schizo. :lolol:

Really? I think you have a sick obsession for me, anything I post strikes a nerve with you.

Ya thats it, I have a thing for you. :rolleyes: Oddly enough you are always the first person here to mention humans, and killing them.:ded:

• Like 1

Ya thats it, I have a thing for you. :rolleyes: Oddly enough you are always the first person here to mention humans, and killing them.:ded:

Not at all, what else would someone be implying by "soft targets", inquiring about "yaw" and stating he prefers one that will yaw after only a few inches? :lolol:

Edited by t3mac21

I just find the whole thing comical, but hey, keep fantisizing about the breakdown of society and how your rounds will perform on the hordes of "soft targets" you'll be shooting. :lolol:

Jam it turd, go complain on another thread. We can't all get the "spec ops CALL OF DUTY" training" that you've had. Some of us actually served and like to know what a round does, not just coming from a joystick.

This is where you point out that you're a Douche from newyork and probably were in the army (25 cents at a time in a arcade)

Edited by MikeMacCham

Wolf Military Classic with its 8M3 HP "Sapsan" bullet is supposed to be devastating. It behaves like a quality .223 round at 100 yards, expanding, fragmenting and causing a huge permanent cavity. MC HP is what I am stocking these days.

Now that's what i'm talkin about, but have you tryed it out?

Jam it turd, go complain on another thread. We can't all get the "spec ops CALL OF DUTY" training" that you've had. Some of us actually served and like to know what a round does, not just coming from a joystick.

This is where you point out that you're a Douche from newyork and probably were in the army (25 cents at a time in a arcade)

I don't even own a gaming console :lolol:

My original question was valid, if you were shooting deer, I'd reccomend something different than I would for self defense.

Ya I could tell, Tbag21 by the

"I just find the whole thing comical, but hey, keep fantisizing about the breakdown of society and how your rounds will perform on the hordes of "soft targets" you'll be shooting. :lolol:"

comment that you're here to help. Let me guess, you were gonna recommend GTL right?

"I just find the whole thing comical, but hey, keep fantisizing about the breakdown of society and how your rounds will perform on the hordes of "soft targets" you'll be shooting. :lolol:"

comment that you're here to help. Let me guess, you were gonna recommend GTL right?

Well, fat bodies will be the first to go during "SHTF" so, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

But really, yugo m67 is on the cheap and effective. I mean, pretty much any x39 round is going to do fine against a human. I'd go with something that's proven, reliable, accurate and it's cheap too. Hornady tap or American made soft points or winchester super-x if your budget is higher.

BTW - you're fat

I am, its so that when SHTF I can go longer without eating, my body will feed on its fat while I find others to steal from. I see it as prep work for the innevitable end of the world in 2012. When I go into hibernation in my bunker I will not need all those cans of food to take up the space of extra ammo and guns. Then when I come out and its all safe and I go on the hunt I will have plenty of ammo, and I can even eat people if I need to. I have stocked plenty of soft points.

Well, fat bodies will be the first to go during "SHTF" so, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

But really, yugo m67 is on the cheap and effective. I mean, pretty much any x39 round is going to do fine against a human. I'd go with something that's proven, reliable, accurate and it's cheap too. Hornady tap or American made soft points or winchester super-x if your budget is higher.

lol

Sweet Yugo it is. and GTL for life!

BTW - you're fat

I am, its so that when SHTF I can go longer without eating, my body will feed on its fat while I find others to steal from. I see it as prep work for the innevitable end of the world in 2012. When I go into hibernation in my bunker I will not need all those cans of food to take up the space of extra ammo and guns. Then when I come out and its all safe and I go on the hunt I will have plenty of ammo, and I can even eat people if I need to. I have stocked plenty of soft points.

You will die faster. Your fatbody will be craving big macs and a few hours into "shtf" you'll have lost all logic as your brain searches for it's fix. You couldn't walk 5 miles, shit, you couldn't walk around the block. your jazzy scooter and handicapped placard aren't going to help you. You'll die, you're a big slow sloppy target.

If you paypal me 50 dollars I'll send you a diet and exercise routine, there is a money back guarrentee.

lol

Sweet Yugo it is. and GTL for life!

Just remember like all eastern bloc surplus, it's corrosive. This isn't a big deal. Rinse barrel, gas tube/block and receiver with water, dry and clean as normal. Brush off the bolt face too. It's not battery acid, it won't destroy your rifle in 20 mins but, it's better just to clean after shooting. water dissolves the corrosive salts. I use a garden hose.

GTL dawg, no hand grenades. :lolol:

Edited by t3mac21

BTW - you're fat

You will die faster. Your fatbody will be craving big macs and a few hours into "shtf" you'll have lost all logic as your brain searches for it's fix. You couldn't walk 5 miles, shit, you couldn't walk around the block. your jazzy scooter and handicapped placard aren't going to help you. You'll die, you're a big slow sloppy target.

If you paypal me 50 dollars I'll send you a diet and exercise routine, there is a money back guarrentee.

Oh I have plenty of cigs, booze and have raided many Mcdonalds to stock up on bigmacs and nuggets. I just dont want any of that silly health food that takes up the space of my ammo, booze, and cigs.

BTW - you're fat

Oh I have plenty of cigs, booze and have raided many Mcdonalds to stock up on bigmacs and nuggets. I just dont want any of that silly health food that takes up the space of my ammo, booze, and cigs.

It's not health food. It's just basics. Basics to survives. Meat, sweet potatoes, wild rice and more meat. You don't like steak? What are you? gay?

Listen, you'd be exhausted after walking to the nearest fat fucking food place with a backpack full of all your tac gear and ammo. I could run across the fucking state while carrying your lard ass on my back. You don't know the first thing about shit, fuck.

BTW - you're fat

It's not health food. It's just basics. Basics to survives. Meat, sweet potatoes, wild rice and more meat. You don't like steak? What are you? gay?

Listen, you'd be exhausted after walking to the nearest fat fucking food place with a backpack full of all your tac gear and ammo. I could run across the fucking state while carrying your lard ass on my back. You don't know the first thing about shit, fuck.

Ive got a deuce and a half to carry it all.

No I dont like tube steak you fag.

tube steak? Why would you bring up my cock? That's gay dude.

I meant god damn beef. Porterhouse. Medium rare.

you can't have any because your fat. Go suck cholesterol through a straw.

Kinda like bringing up killing humans when no one has said such?

tube steak? Why would you bring up my cock? That's gay dude.

I meant god damn beef. Porterhouse. Medium rare.

you can't have any because your fat. Go suck cholesterol through a straw.

Kinda like bringing up killing humans when no one has said such?

What? Of course he said that. The fuck do you think soft targets are? You're a soft target chief, shit, you're an extra soft target you fat body. put down the fucking double whopper and read. He meant humans. The fuck? I knew he meant that but I asked if maybe he meant deer or animals. Then he clarified.

Jeez, you're fat and you don't even have any reading comprehension skills. Let me guess, you're from the south? :lolol:

shit, I just now saw your location. I knew it. :lolol:

Edited by t3mac21