Is there a good 7.62x39 round for yawing?

I'd like to appologize ahead of time for not reading this whole thread before posting.

A few years ago I got curious about the ammo I was using in my Norinco Hunter (7.62x39) and sectioned a pulled bullet. I found that Golden Tiger 7.62x39 FMJ had a cavity in the nose of the bullet, just like the one on the 5.45x39. I decided to test bullet performance using one gallon jugs of water. I didn't have any other 7.62x39 to test against, so I used surplus 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 as controls. The 5.56x45 went straight through the jugs, leaving a nice neat hole going in and out. The 5.45x39 went in making a nice neat hole and out through a big split in the back of the jug. Water sprayed everywhere. The 7.62x39 performed the same as the 5.45x39.

I know it's not perfect, but I hope this bit of info helps in regards to the original question.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...I do. I had a girlfriend once who had this great big ass. It was the best year of my life. A bit of fat is not a bad thing.     Oh also T3, please stop talking about murder, this is a family ori

soft targets like deer or soft targets like humans?

Really? I think you have a sick obsession for me, anything I post strikes a nerve with you.         I just find the whole thing comical, but hey, keep fantisizing about the breakdown of society

Waiting for self photo standing in front of mirror.....looking like a dildo....its coming, wait for it. :lolol:

Dude go shine your quad rail. P.S. nobody likes a fatty :lolol:

...I do. I had a girlfriend once who had this great big ass. It was the best year of my life. A bit of fat is not a bad thing.

Oh also T3, please stop talking about murder, this is a family oriented forum you piece of shit mother fucker.

• Like 8

I think you're all gay for each other. Seems to be lots of hidden, frustrated man love in this thread.

What do you think about that? Huh? HUH? Nyeahhhhh!

:)

here is what I think about that.. what's worse.. a bunch of people turning a thread gay.. or bumping it back to the top after it finally starts to die.. lol

I think you're all gay for each other. Seems to be lots of hidden, frustrated man love in this thread.

What do you think about that? Huh? HUH? Nyeahhhhh!

:)

here is what I think about that.. what's worse.. a bunch of people turning a thread gay.. or bumping it back to the top after it finally starts to die.. lol

What if they do ....BOTH?!

Oh the HUMANITY!

and now for something completely different. I did a little research on the web (totally random and unscientific of course) reading other forums on this subject and the consensus seems that the modern Russian MC round usually has that hollow tip causing yawing after about 3 inches of penetration. the JHP also has seen good results in taking dear down reliably. I think boat tailed ammo did better. The soft point had some feed problems.

than there is the box of truth. nice exit hole from 7.62 x 39 through level 111A.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot16_5.htm

the shock wave of the .223 m193 was impressive. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot16_3.htm

You can also see ballistic gel tests on various .223 and 7.62 from theak47nut.

I don't know which links i can post so if you want to see the web pages i read end me a pm.

I think the mc JHP or even standard wolf JHP (8m3)will be my standard go to. Turning concealment into cover and able to put food on the table if need be appeals to me.

Edited by leadslinger