Hello Folks...Saiga SIght Issue

Hello guys I have been watching here for quite a while trying to figure out which rifle I should purchase.(I have mostly been a handgun guy up until now).

Well needless to say i ended up going with the Saiga x39 ordered from CSS. I picked this rifle up at my dealers yesterday. And overall I am very happy with it(dimples,pg hole,and barrel appears to be threaded.)

I just have one problem, it seems like my front sight is very canted. I fired the rifle yesterday and it functioned great. except my POI was high and right and it also was for my friend.

I am posting some pics..(bear with me its my first time)

I guess my question is if there is a way to make this right?? should i just adjust the front post further right and not worry so much(this little stuff bugs me) or should i contact Greg and see about replacing it?? Maybe replace front sight all together??

thanks for any help you can give...like i said this stuff bugs me....

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r159/owenhutch/GUNS/gun004.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r159/owenhutch/GUNS/gun002.jpg

Most are canted some. That one is really off. CGW will take care of it under warranty. Give Vicki a call and she will get you a shipping label and get it fixed.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=34883

• Like 7

Thanks a lot for the quick responce Greg. CSS does rock and I'm not trying to tarnish you In any way. Just frustrated that's all. Imgunna contact Vicki tomorrow. Anyone know the turnaround on this stuff? Think they'll fix or replace it?

Thanks a lot for the quick responce Greg. CSS does rock and I'm not trying to tarnish you In any way. Just frustrated that's all. Imgunna contact Vicki tomorrow. Anyone know the turnaround on this stuff? Think they'll fix or replace it?

Things do happen that we do not have control over. Tom will fix it easily. I think the warranty stuff is slow right now, so it should be quick.

Vicki will let you know.

• Like 3

Wow how did tha happen. i totally accidently -1d CSS while trying to +1 his awesome help. :blush: Can some one hit him a few times for some +1s.

Stupid me. Sorry :cryss:

CSS does rock and they are always quick to help.

Is this directed at me? I am simply apologizing for placing this on a public forum that's my fault I should have called. But in no way am trying to "-1" CSS. His service is excellent and responce time ninjaesque. I do not expect every rifle to be inspected. I just real like this rifle and want to convert it and shoot the hell out of it. Can't blame me

For that right?

Wow how did tha happen. i totally accidently -1d CSS while trying to +1 his awesome help. :blush: Can some one hit him a few times for some +1s.

Stupid me. Sorry :cryss:

CSS does rock and they are always quick to help.

Is this directed at me? I am simply apologizing for placing this on a public forum that's my fault I should have called. But in no way am trying to "-1" CSS. His service is excellent and responce time ninjaesque. I do not expect every rifle to be inspected. I just real like this rifle and want to convert it and shoot the hell out of it. Can't blame me

For that right?

No. He's saying he accidentally hit the minus button on CSS's post instead of the plus button. You're all good.

hello

Just an update and a few more quick questions for you guys.

Called up Vicki and she said they would make it right I'm shipping the gun tomorrow so lets hope the turn around is quick because i really like shooting this thing.:killer:

I'm putting up a few more pics because I''m not sure if these are issues i should also have addressed. One rivet near the the trunnion, doesn't seem like it has been pressed at all really. i included this in my note enclosed with the rifle.

gun005.jpg

gun006.jpg

The other question i had is if the gas piston to bolt carrier threads are supposed to have a little play?? if you hold the bolt carrier you can move the gas piston around a little, if you shake it you can feel it wobble..is it possible mine didnt get peened enough? it seems that they are peened right?