Re-finishing SGL21 after AK100 Stock Install

Since not many people seem to check the Tech Section, I decided to re-post a part of my question about AK100 stock installation here.

So, after my received is modded to accept this stock and latch, and the left-over receiver holes welded up, what would be the best way to refinish the receiver, so that everything looks nice, tidy and professional? Should the whole receiver be stripped (what do you use for that?), re-parkerized and re-finished? What would be the best, most rust and scratch resistant, most professional looking finish to use? I am basically looking for the best option that's out there. What did you or your gunsmith use? Thanks!

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I currently have a Saiga 12 and a WASR 10/63 at a place called Black Ice Coatings out of UT. Lee over there at BlackIce got my long guns mid week last week and he said he was going to mail them off on Monday. Pretty quick turn around time seeing how people like customizedcreations are looking at a 6 week turnaround for a Cerekote refinish. This stuff is supposed to be more durable than cerekote and is a pure teflon coating that gets more slick with wear. Lee was charging me 125 per gun. I am going to write a review on the Saiga 12 board once they come in so look out for that.

I had previously used duracoat and was disappointed with how it would chip and scratch so I went with these guys. If it turns out good I might send them my other Saiga 12 and maybe my SGL 21 once the factory finish wears a bit

Jason

www.blackicecoatings.com

Since not many people seem to check the Tech Section, I decided to re-post a part of my question about AK100 stock installation here.

So, after my received is modded to accept this stock and latch, and the left-over receiver holes welded up, what would be the best way to refinish the receiver, so that everything looks nice, tidy and professional? Should the whole receiver be stripped (what do you use for that?), re-parkerized and re-finished? What would be the best, most rust and scratch resistant, most professional looking finish to use? I am basically looking for the best option that's out there. What did you or your gunsmith use? Thanks!

Just got my gun back from my gun smith. Had her Cerakoted in Tungsten Grey and armor black. I also had all the internals micro slicked. Could run these baby dry no lube and wouldnt have any problems. The charging handle feels like its sliding on glass rials. very smooth. Hard to tell in these crappy cell pics but the finish looks great and is durable as all hell. Couldnt be happier

post-23178-0-75023100-1289443082_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-74602900-1289443097_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-63702800-1289443170_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-25679800-1289443234_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-66349100-1289443255_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-98293400-1289443348_thumb.jpg