A bullet guide has nothing to do with the mag fitting. Not to sound like an asshole or anything but think about it...... bullet guide.

Also, unless you plan to file every mag to fit it would be easier to just file the mag catch a little.

Good luck. :)

• Like 1

Short answer:

In the saiga rifles the best way to make the mil spec magazines work is to. File the magazine latch the the magazine locks in. Then install a bullet guide, these can be purchased from several of the forum vendors. These bullet guides can be purchased in kits that will have the screw, guide, drill bit, and tap.

You can also find all the information on how to do this installation on these forums.

/waits for some one to come along and tell you how to bubba your gun up and make the mags work with JB weld......:lolol:

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

Also, unless you plan to file every mag to fit it would be easier to just file the mag catch a little.

^This.

File the mag catch on the rifle down a hair so it will lock magazines in with no modifications to the actual mags. One rifle that can use all magazines is more useful than a bunch of magazines which only fit properly in one rifle. :killer:

You can still use your factory magazine as long as you don't go crazy while filing the mag catch on the rifle. The area you file is highlighted in the picture below. Just file a little at a time until the magazines lock in perfect.

post-7122-0-66237700-1290104767_thumb.jpg

Edited by KC913

You can still use your factory magazine as long as you don't go crazy while filing the mag catch on the rifle. The area you file is highlighted in the picture below. Just file a little at a time until the magazines lock in perfect.

What magazine release is that. It isn't one I have seen. Almost like a RAM speed catch, but uses original latch.

What magazine release is that. It isn't one I have seen. Almost like a RAM speed catch, but uses original latch.

Not my picture, I just highlighted the areas to file on a pic from Google images, but, that's the Power Custom extended ambidextrous mag release that just bolts onto your current mag release. It can be installed by drilling and tapping your current mag release or drilling and riveting it on. If I were into the extended mag releases, I would rather use the solid RAM mag release rather than a unit that bolts on, but I'm not.