.410 Reliability

Fortunately the 410s don't have the same issues with the gas ports that you see in some S-12s (vodka specials...). The 410 comes with one large port in the center, so it's not likely to be under gassed. Only real problems people run into with them is different mags having different feed angles. Now that said....I have gotten major improvement out of a few 410s by polishing the internals and even enlarging the port on one the barrel was cut back on.

I am "one of the ones" (shortened barrel) Cobra is referring to. Cobra does excellent work and knows the .410's.

From my limited knowledge of the Saiga .410, it was the first AK based shotgun, meant for hunting wild Bore in Russia. Reliability from the factory was based on the non-"Sportsman" or non-US version of the trigger group and the use of the 3 " magnum, metal hulled, Russian ammo.

Any variations in ammo or novice changes and conversions (or building) to the gun, will effect reliability.

Polishing, tuning etc, will all help reliability. Just make sure it's done right.