Elite Firearms Hurst TX. Need help.

As you can see this is my second post to this forum. Although I go by the same username on akfiles and theakforum for several years now. I joined this forum for only one reason. I need help dealing with Dave Michener, Elite Firearms of Hurst TX.

I found alot of helpful info here. Apparently his reputation proceeds him. Unfortunately we were unaware before buying from him. We could use some more contact info for Mr. Michener and/or any government or business entities that we might contact:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=16156&st=0

About a year and a half ago my father purchased an AK pistol from Dave. It was supposed to be a newly built AK on a like new all matching kit. What he got was a cheap black spray painted, non-matching pistol with front sight cant. And a cracked FSB/GB. (As shown in the photo below.) We contacted Dave and made arrangements to return the pistol for repairs. And returned it to Dave. That was over a year ago. Several attempts to contact him have gone unanswered. And my father is out the over $750 he spent on the firearm. I fully intend to deal with Mr. Michener to the full extent of the law. And/or any governing bodies that we may be able to contact. I own a multi-state investigation firm. And hold an FFL01/08 myself.

If anyone has any information that may help us. Or anyway to get in contact with Mr. Michener. Please contact me at moab762@gmail.com.

IMG_2320.jpg

Edited by moab

I'd send it to a reputable smith and bill him for it. The gun can be fixed without too much of an issue, good luck.

I don't have the pistol. He took it back to repair it. And then never returned it.

That's theft right there.

• 3 months later...

I am willing to come forward, and be part of any investigation against Dave and Elite Firearms. The address listed for Elite is the current location. FYI, maybe there needs to be an investigation, lawsuit, etc against Dave and pull his FFL status. He has a huge collection of guns there, and machine shop. Maybe someone can put a lien on his business and get paid back for the crappy guns he sold.

I lost his cell phone number but he does not return calls anyway. Currently, he is repairing and selling boats in Fort Worth, for those who want to look him up.

Take care. john

Copy of the email I sent earlier, in case you or anyone else needs to contact me. You all can reach me at jama555us@yahoo.com

Hi: My name is John Martin, I have bought many firearms from Dave, the owner of

Elite Firearms. Some were quality firearms, others, not as much.

He is noted to not return calls, to take a very long time in completing jobs or

not completing them at all. Let me sum up what happen to me.

1. He was supposed to work on a SKS for me, to convert an MC-5D SKS from

original mag release to a standard. He never did and to my advantage. The gun

would have depreciated quite a bit. But he had it for 6 months and never

touched it.

2. I bought a very expensive, Saiga .308 already pistol grip converted. Well,

the asshole cut the trigger well too wide and I had huge trigger slop. I took

the gun to the Gun Zone in Mesquite, TX. Apparently, this is what I found out.

The quality guns were made by a guy named Jeff, and the shitty work, by Dave.

Long story short, this gun welded the trigger well shorter, and tuned it up for

$75.00. You cannot tell where he did his work. In other words, the end results

are just great.

3. The finishes on his gun just wear off, especially where the safety runs up

and down. I will have to have the Saiga .308 and 12 refinished. Since I have

to do it, I am going to have the scope mounts removed and the holes welded, and

the receivers refinished as the end result.

4. About the safety, on two of my guns, the safety does not align at all with

the cover of the receiver. It does not affect function but you think he could

had made the effort to make it all right?

5. I know for a fact, that he held onto completed work for 6 months to a year.

6. I have misplaced his current cell phone but here is his current location and

website: http://www.elitefirearms.net/. Elite Firearms, 2615 Gravel Drive, FW,

TX, 76118

Please feel free to contact me if you need help in filing a formal complaint

with the authorities. I am so sorry you went through this. Take care.

John

I had him convert my saiga 12 and after 4 months he told me it was finished and payment is due, I paid and a month later no gun he would not return my phone calls. I got pissed and drove 1,351 miles to his shop knocked on the door and he answered and I told him I just drove 1,351 miles and I want my gun.He asked my why I drove that far an I said you wouldn't answer the damn phone and you have my gun & money and I wont let you rip me off. He looked startled and said it was at the getting refinished. I asked him when it would be ready and he said the next night. I waited and when I picked it up I noticed I couldn't cycle the bolt and he had to grind it and now there is A grind mark on my bolt. Not to mention I am having reliability issues since his conversion. I will say he did a decent job on the Bulgarian folding stock.

I had him convert my saiga 12 and after 4 months he told me it was finished and payment is due, I paid and a month later no gun he would not return my phone calls. I got pissed and drove 1,351 miles to his shop knocked on the door and he answered and I told him I just drove 1,351 miles and I want my gun.He asked my why I drove that far an I said you wouldn't answer the damn phone and you have my gun & money and I wont let you rip me off. He looked startled and said it was at the getting refinished. I asked him when it would be ready and he said the next night. I waited and when I picked it up I noticed I couldn't cycle the bolt and he had to grind it and now there is A grind mark on my bolt. Not to mention I am having reliability issues since his conversion. I will say he did a decent job on the Bulgarian folding stock.

Sorry to hear that you went through that. I really don't blame you driving that distance to get your gun back. At least you got it back.

Unfortunately, you might have to get the Saiga 12 check out and fixed before firing it, for your safety and to prevent further damage to the gun. What a shame. Anyway, take care. John

• 2 months later...

Update: I have spoken to Fort Worth ATF compliance code for FFL holders today. Their number is: 817-862-2800. The agent is looking into this matter and appears to have taken me very seriously, hopefully. He is going to initiate an investigation today. Anyway, He has strongly encourage anyone who has a missing firearm, still held onto by Elite to call 817-862-2800, and file a formal complaint. The more complaints, the stronger the case.

I hope this helps. My email again is: jama555us@yahoo.com.

This seems to be the only via lead I can offer besides of two others that have contacted me. Best of luck. John Martin.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Update: The matter between Elite Firearms, and I and the other members have been resolved. Elite Firearms apparently has returned the unfinished products, and Elite Firearms remains open for business. I am officially stepping down from getting involved in further matters with Dave Michener, and I will not be using his services anymore. I will use The Gunzone, in Mesquite, TX, and they have a Saiga gun builder, named Jeff, that works as a contractor for AKs and Saigas. He has fixed what needed to be fixed, at at a very good price, and well done. If there are still issues with Elite Firearms, please go through the ATF like we did. Best of luck to everyone.