Saiga receiver change question

Hello first post but long time lurker. I hope this is in the right section. If I lived in a free state I might just go with an SLR-xx but I dont so I have to try and copy one :(

I have a Saiga 223 and Im looking to build an AK-74s or AKS-74 clone. Im wondering if its possible or legal to change out the Saiga receiver with an NDS-2sf and utilize most of the remaining parts for the clone build. My idea is this:

Use parts to make it 922r compliant.

Change receiver to an NDS-2sf

Triangle folder kit

New FCG

Bullet guide

Convert front end

AK-74 FSB and compensator

This is just a ruff idea so far so If Im missing parts or concepts let me know. My real concern is for the receiver change.

Thanks in advance

Chad

This is what I want it to look like.

sgl31-84_02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just cut the saiga receiver for the triangle folder. Much easier than taking everything off the saiga receiver and putting it on a new one, especially if it's a US made one. i doubt all the holes would be in the same places.

• Like 1

legally, you can register a new receiver and move the parts over to it. HOWEVER the old receiver is still considered a firearm, and defacing or destroying it and tossing it, is only legal to do by someone licensed to manufacture firearms, and must be paperworked as destroyed.

I agree, and just change the rear trunion out and go that route. its a bitch to get the side folding russian hardware right and proper, but I think its less of a bitch than what you are proposing.