C&R question

If I apply for a C&R license as a gateway for a SBR or Supressor tax stamp, do I need to keep the C&R license current as long as I own the NFA item? (renew every three years). If so, what happens if there's a lapse between the time I submit the renewal papers and the actual approval? Just looking for some preliminary info.

If I apply for a C&R license as a gateway for a SBR or Supressor tax stamp, do I need to keep the C&R license current as long as I own the NFA item? (renew every three years). If so, what happens if there's a lapse between the time I submit the renewal papers and the actual approval? Just looking for some preliminary info.

IIRC in MO the way the law is written includes "possession" so yes you would have to keep it active. If you did not, for the time it was not active you would be in violation of state law, not federal. Its not too much of a hassle to keep it active though. They send you renewals a month before your current FFL expires and it only takes 15 min to have it ready to mail out.

In Missouri you need to have a current C&R to have an NFA item. It hasn't been a big deal, at least in my county where the LEO is friendly and signs off on the forms.Approval times have been 4 to 6 months.

Can you Missouri Guys please link me to the state laws re C&R for NFA items?

There are some issues getting Suppressors in MI, and I would like see if they could get by with a similar "fix" as you guys in Missouri.

Thanks in advance.

RJ