Bolten Gas block?

How come no one has this on their Saiga? It seems like an easy way to get the lower retainer on without having to us a press and the price seems right.

How come no one is using this.

I'm contemplating getting one on my Saiga (installing myself) but would like to hear some feedback or look at some setups. If installed correctly will this thing wiggle loose.

Thanks

IMO if you're going to change the gas block, you may as well just do it the real way. I have changed a bunch of FSBs and GBs and it can be accomplished without a press. To change a gas block you would cut the original off with a dremel. Then the gas block will slip on by hand most of the way. Using a pipe, either PVC or copper, with a ~5/8" inside diameter, slip it over the barrel and pound on the pipe. That will press the block down into place. You can then index it using a ruber mallet.

Since the factory Saiga blocks have a pin in them from the factory, you can use the original pin groove and not even need to drill, unless of course your factory gas block is severely canted. In that case there would be other issues to correct.

• Like 1

Are you refering to the fsb/gb combo designed by Lenny Bolton? Or are you refering to an item that literally "bolts on" in place of the gb? If it is the later, classy is correct, if you are talking about the former, it's a device many users have on their saigas.

The Former.

Does anyone have any pics?

Are you refering to the fsb/gb combo designed by Lenny Bolton? Or are you refering to an item that literally "bolts on" in place of the gb? If it is the later, classy is correct, if you are talking about the former, it's a device many users have on their saigas.

The Former.

Does anyone have any pics?

The best place I could think of is looking in the "Post pictures of your..." threads. They're in the various caliber subforums, and you should see plenty of photos with various setups. Most who do have them seem to be pleased with the results. I personally don't have one, and haven't considered one either.

• Like 1