non converted stock question

I ordered a saiga 308 carbine. I know most of you guys convert and I will probably convert mine as well in the future, but for legality if I want to get hi-cap mags for it ( as I understand) I have to replace something else as well so I figured it might as well be the stock. So far I have seen the plastic thumb hole stock (draganov esque sorta) and the tapco stock that fits the saiga 308 unconverted. Anything else that has a pistol grip out there that is not crazy expensive? as I may replace it later.

I'd stick with the two you mentioned. If you use the Tapco, you can also use it after the FC mod.

(as in the pictures below)

ah ok so the pistol grip on the tapco is moveable? That makes a strong argument for that particular stock. I picked up my rifle today and the trigger is loads better than the saiga 308 I used to own around 2005. Not sure if I will end up converting...

• 1 month later...

I'd stick with the two you mentioned. If you use the Tapco, you can also use it after the FC mod.

ah ok so the pistol grip on the tapco is moveable? That makes a strong argument for that particular stock. I picked up my rifle today and the trigger is loads better than the saiga 308 I used to own around 2005. Not sure if I will end up converting...

I think that pistol grip is different than the Tapco. I doubt if it would work as it mounts differently. I have a 308 and I'm getting the itch to either convert it to AK type setup or maybe that bullpup set up on another thread here.

I think that pistol grip is different than the Tapco. I doubt if it would work as it mounts differently. I have a 308 and I'm getting the itch to either convert it to AK type setup or maybe that bullpup set up on another thread here.

i wanna see the bullpup you mentioned. i am curious now....

i have searched online and have found a few bullpup type stocks but not much for the rifles.i found one i believe they were in the testing phase to see about reliability and durability i think.

bullpupsaiga.jpg

Man that looks like something those Marines in Avatar were using! Don't know if I like that one...

post-24333-0-16537500-1297294395_thumb.jpg