AK30 Definitive Review

As my dad use to say" An expensive gold plated turd, is still a turd. I am nor saying the US Palm is a turd, but based on Beloc's and others experience they still need improvement. Mine has held up, but I haven't tried the sidewise rap on a loaded magazine.

• Like 1

Anyone have any info as to whether or not US Palm has or is addressing the issue with their AK30 mag bottoms popping off?

Mine have held together thus far. However I did not run them in the rain yet. Considering these things are held together by glue, it would be interesting to see how they run after a South-Idaho rainstorm, or in the North-Idaho snow. Maybe Ill do a test this weekend if time permits.

Edited by bigsal

Very comprehensive. The only other tests that I can think of that would be relevant, would be a salt water immersion test (72 hours) and an extreme temperature test (120 degrees F and 20 degrees F).

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that Belloc. Dave knows his shit, and seems to have run his AK30's hard. I tend to agree that the locking metal strip is rather thin. That being said, mine have held up through a few more excursions into the woods. I am going to perform GOB's salt water test here soon as well.

US-palm.jpg

Info on this pic here:

http://www.m4carbine...?t=50013&page=5

Thanks for posting that Belloc. Dave knows his shit, and seems to have run his AK30's hard. I tend to agree that the locking metal strip is rather thin. That being said, mine have held up through a few more excursions into the woods. I am going to perform GOB's salt water test here soon as well.

You should have someone ship you some real ocean water so the tests are accurate. No one is going to abuse/use these mags in a foot bath.

• Like 1

US-palm.jpg

Info on this pic here:

http://www.m4carbine...?t=50013&page=5

You should have someone ship you some real ocean water so the tests are accurate. No one is going to abuse/use these mags in a foot bath.

I am close enough to the west coast where I might be able to make this happen with ocean water once the pacific northwest warms up a bit and travel becomes less of a chore....