Krinkov barrel assembly on a Saiga reciever?

I am a noob on here but I just had an interesting thought that was brought up by my infatuation with the 5.45 krinkovs. Would it be possible (or make any sense) to get ahold of a krinkov Barrel assembly, press out the stock barrel assembly off a saiga 5.45, and press and head space the new krinkov one into the old trunion? Ofcourse you would have to register this on a form 1 with the atf as a sbr, and get the krink shorter piston. Im thinking this might be an easy and cheap way of getting one of these beauties, and the russian receiver would make it even that much sweeter. Is this even possible? :unsure:

This is what I have found so far....

This piece looks promising and affordable, but just like everything at kvar, its out of stock. It has the barrel, rear sight block, gas/front sight block, and handguard retainer. You would still need a short piston, gas tube, handguards, and dust cover.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16586&cat=0&page=3

Also, there is no mention on this whether it is for a 22mm or 23mm trunnion. I now know (from measuring and research) that the saiga's have 22mm trunnions and most produced barrels and parts kits are 23mm (ofcourse) :(

Does anyone know of any good sources where I can order a barrel and parts?

Not to rain on your parade but what value to you perceive in a Saiga receivered krink? Tula was the only factory to build the krink not Izzy which makes the Saiga line.. Secondly the saiga receivers are in sportster configuration not Legion mil spec, and they aren't cut for a side folder. I guess my point is that once you build and modify a saiga receiver what greater value would it have over an American made receiver. The nodak receivers are already drilled and cut for side folders which makes building a lot easier.

• Like 1