Excited About Getting Another Nice Piece of Com Block History

LOL The end of the video reminds of call od duty or any other first person shooter game!

Next try distance. These things shoot flat and the front sight is nice and narrow so its not covering the target. I manage to get at least 1 hit per mag on a metal target shaped like a person at 240 yards!!

240 yards? That's nuts! Metal gongs at 100 yards should be fun, with lots of sparks, I would imagine.

Any way, here's the range report...

I loaded all four of my mags (two surplus and two new ones from Custom Classic Sporting Arms) with some Bulgarian surplus rounds (not the CZ-52 exploding batch!) and began taking shots at silhouette targets from 15 yards, giggling at the fireballs and the assertive recoil. I would say that the recoil is about the same as hot .40 S&W loads out of a polymer pistol. I just find it awesome that you can train with such high powered loads at 6 cents a round!

I only had 80 rounds of Bulgy with me, as the bulk Yugo stuff which I ordered from J&G hasn't come in yet. I picked up these rounds at a local store, at a rip-off price of $4 for 16 rounds! That's 80 rounds for $20! I can get 9 mm at Walmart cheaper than that! Lame, lame, lame... This store also still sells Wolf 7.62x39 mm boxes close to the "Obama Panic" prices.

Any way, the rounds were at least in good shape. Everything functioned flawlessly for those first four mags. Well, my groups weren't that great and I was shooting low, but that's to be expected with a new and unfamiliar piece. Then, I reloaded the mags, put my camera on a tripod and started shooting videos. First shot... BAM... slide is stuck back! I pulled the slide back a bit, let go and the round chambered. BAM! Same thing again! This is while I am shooting a video, trying to show off my nice, new, "reliable" piece. LOL! The rest of that mag fed without issues. Had these feeding problems with other couple of mags too. Got lucky with one mag-full and was able to shoot the first part of the video without using editing. The problem struck again when I was filming the FOV parts, in addition to one dud round failing to fire. The slide stuck/feeding problem was happening with both types of mags, but seemingly a bit more so with the surplus pair.

I am not sure what to think here... It could be that the gun just needs to be broken in a bit and cleaned a few more times, to remove more cosmo that's still hiding in the nooks and crannies. That shit was still leaking out of my Mak, after a few weeks. I might have over-lubed some parts with CLP too. Used some Tetra Grease on the slide rails.

Well, I am digging the gun and the round. I just hope that I am able to get the piece functioning reliably.

Did u clean the surplus mags? They might have cosmo on them too causing them to stick. Also clean the gun thoroughly. There still might be hardened cosmoline.

Yeah, I did disassemble and clean out the mags. I cleaned the gun very thoroughly again, after shooting it yesterday.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I got my 280 rds of Yugo surplus today. They look brand new and are labeled "1986". Is it just me or does it look like the 7.62x25 mm surplus ammo supply is beginning to dry up a bit? If my gun likes this Yugo stuff, I plan on ordering at least 2000 rds soon. I don't want to end up paying 40 cents a round for Wolf! LOL

By the way, the Polish surplus rounds are quite a bit cheaper and come in sealed tins, but I am worried about all the cracked case necks talk. Any one have experience with these rounds?

You should be fine with the cracks. Just make sure the bullet isn't loose. If its barely held in place then don't use it. But use your own judgment if you don't feel comfortable with them don't shoot them.

I ordered two cans of the Polish stuff. I opened the first can, and the first three boxes were flawless - checked 210 rounds, no cracked case necks. Didn't bother checking the rest of the boxes. In the second can, I checked about half the boxes, and about 40% of the cartridges had cracked case necks. If it was even slightly cracked it went into the cracked pile - about half that were cracked were only slightly, insignificantly cracked - so in the second can 60% great ammo, 20% good, shootable ammo, and 20% crap ammo that I'd put through a beater anyway. So far, every round I've fired has gone off on the first strike - more reliable than the Czech ammo, for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed that comp from Gun Parts Warehouse and a S&W Sigma slip-on rubber grip. The grip does make it quite a bit more comfortable, IMO. The comp looks cool. I haven't fired the gun with it on yet. It was a little tight locking in. I had to take a mallet to it, but now it goes on and comes off fairly easily. Here are the pics:

post-10789-0-72035400-1294980138_thumb.jpg post-10789-0-44006900-1294980152_thumb.jpg

post-10789-0-18440600-1294980177_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That M57 definitely looks nice, and after reading some of this, I cannot wait to test out my TT-33 tomorrow. My TT-33 pistol isn't Yugoslavian like yours (mine is a Polish TTC), but I feel that it will prove to be a very interesting, affordable weapon. I also have a can of Polish 7.62X25mm ammo as well.

I guess I also got lucky, given that there weren't copious amounts of cosmoline on my TTC.

By the way, how do you clean your M57? Do you do anything special to neutralize the corrosive primer salts?

Corrosive primer salts are water soluble, so some water based solution will neutralize them. I field strip the weapon, wipe surface oil, grease and dirt off with some dry patches, and then proceed to clean every nook and cranny of the gun and bore with patches soaked in glass cleaner. After I clean it with glass cleaner, I wipe the parts dry with clean patches and then proceed to clean the gun as I normally do.

I have used this glass cleaner technique (a lot of people will tell you to use it) every time I have fired corrosive ammunition, and there is not a hint of rust or pitting on any of the guns through which I have fired corrosive ammunition (Mosin-Nagants, VZ-28 Mauser, SKS's, AK, Saiga 5.45).

Edited by 7N6Wolf

The M57 Yugo is nice pistol; however I prefer my CZ-52! I have replaced the weak firing pin even thought mine was unbroken, put in a 2 Lbs Wolfe heaver recoil spring and new Harrington rollers. I have not problem keeping them in the K-zone of a man sized silhouette at 100 Yards.

I do like the extra round of the Yugo compared to other TT33 variants. I also like the sights better then my CZ-52.

I paid $230 for my pistol in excellent condition with tin of ammo, 2 mags, holster and cleaning kit about 4 months ago. So far I have put about 6C rounds through it.

J&G has the best price right now on 7.62x25mm. I recently ordered 5M of it. I wish that I got it when AIM had it for $75 a tin.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered two cans of the Polish stuff. I opened the first can, and the first three boxes were flawless - checked 210 rounds, no cracked case necks. Didn't bother checking the rest of the boxes. In the second can, I checked about half the boxes, and about 40% of the cartridges had cracked case necks. If it was even slightly cracked it went into the cracked pile - about half that were cracked were only slightly, insignificantly cracked - so in the second can 60% great ammo, 20% good, shootable ammo, and 20% crap ammo that I'd put through a beater anyway. So far, every round I've fired has gone off on the first strike - more reliable than the Czech ammo, for me.

we where running some of this through a cz tok. of my buddies. so far its been the most accurate of all the milsurp weve shot.

plus they all went bang.

just ordered mine from j&g sales today! gave them an xtra $20.00, and told them to get me one with the best bore they could find.

cant wait till it gets here. something nice to round out my collection of combloc weapons.

just ordered mine from j&g sales today! gave them an xtra $20.00, and told them to get me one with the best bore they could find.

cant wait till it gets here. something nice to round out my collection of combloc weapons.

I believe that they all have perfect bores. Mine looked virgin. On one of my buddies pistols, even the finish looked brand new.

By the way, I read on another forum that recent pistols from J&G have been coming in worse condition than the ones which came before. It seems like J&G's stock is drying up. Because of that, some people on that forum are ordering them from Wideners instead.

Any way, congrats! These are great pistols for the money! I kind of think that I need another one and my buddy wants to get his third!

well in the item description on their page, they said they had "frosty" bores. either way ill get the cream of whats left. the 20 bucks was for hand select on bore and finish. told them i just wanted the best bore they had. even if the finish is a little worn.

just got mine today. had to work on the safety. ( was blocking the trigger even when off.) once that was fixed this thing is sweet. barrel is brand new, finish is excellent, shoots great. overall very happy.

(except for the 10 lbs of cosmoline i had to clean out)

just got mine today. had to work on the safety. ( was blocking the trigger even when off.) once that was fixed this thing is sweet. barrel is brand new, finish is excellent, shoots great. overall very happy.

(except for the 10 lbs of cosmoline i had to clean out)

Was the safety blocking the trigger even when a mag was inserted? These things do have built-in mag safety. Any way, congrats. These pistols are fun as hell and are some of the best deals out there, IMO.

• Like 1