i have decided to convert my saiga

So i have had some fun with it slightly modified when i bought it all i changed was the stock and pistol grip, So i am going to finish it but i got some questions about reusing some of the parts i don't have the cash on hand to do them all so what i was thinking that i could reuse the stock and pistol grip and trigger guard. If that is true all i would need is the grip nut and screw and the trigger group is my thinking right or can i not reuse the stock and pistol grip?

any help would be appreciated

The SAW PG that comes with the Tapco T6 set is for the FAL, or at least it fit nicely on ours. Nevertheless with modification it can be fit on a Saiga... There are several threads on the issue from the past.

I reused my stock for about a year until I went the internal block route. Works fine.

All you really need for the restoration is a FCG, a retainer plate if you like (spring for the Krebs, IMO- the Tapco has had "issues"-again mentioned in a recent thread), PG nut and bolt, a nut and bolt for your trigger guard, and tools. Somebody (I think Frosty) mentioned that appropriate sized hitch pins from the hardware store worked nicely for axis pin retention too. It seems like a nice, cost-conscious alternative, considering his quoted material price was something like $.80 for

Good luck!

Edited by bohound
You can re-use the Tapco stock.. but the SAW pistol grip is for an SKS or something else (I forget)..Order a new Tapco SAW (for AK) for $15, a PG Nut/Bushing for $6 and be GTG..Al

Don't forget the FCG (Tapco G2, single hook). You can make the PG work, but you likely won't be happy. You could go the Tapco AK PG and cut your PG cost in half (or so).

JG

ETA - Dang it bohound, you beat me to it...

Edited by Ax-Man