Saiga 12 Longevity (Estimated Round Count)

I was wondering what everyone's estimated round count is in their guns. Thinking back I probably have around 700-800 rounds through mine. Mostly Birdshot but there was a good amount of OOO Buck and Slug through it. I am asking because I am curious to the projected longevity of these guns after you put a few thousand rounds through them. Thanks

Jason

I seem to remember "the beast" having a round count around 40K of mostly high brass buck. They said something about it being due for a rebuild, so I'd guess that with some gun smithing it could live much longer then that.

the beast has to get screwed with after every other range trip, actually. I actually helped rebuild it the second time when Tom started back up.

Im a little insulted when I have people tell me "oh mine has 20k rounds down it" when it has been rebuilt completely three freakin times.

mine hasnt been touched, it is how it came from the factory out of the box in 2003, has 12k rounds down it, a couple thousand under extreme conditions (back when noone knew what these guns were, I publicly abused mine to demonstrate its effectiveness and reliability) and I have no doubt it will go another 12000 rounds without needing messed with. I have done absolutely NOTHING to the gun in that time.

In reality, I expect the shotgun I have to go a minimum of two lifetimes of shooters, so long as whoever inherits mine when I go in the ground (if I dont take it with me, that is) doesnt screw it up with bad gas settings and other garbage parts out there that helps take life off the gun.

I have fired countless firearms of all types, I have been shooting since I was 5, and have owned a shit ton of different firearms in my lifetime. I passed the 1 million shots fired count years ago by my closest calculations, and regularly enjoy pissing fellow shooters off by outshooting almost all of them with their own rifles (although I do have days when I cant hit the broadside of a barn). Im also an expert with this particular weapons platform from involvement on this forum for what, seven years now, and two years with a manufacturer, as well as having connections with the importer and several other key vendors here at the forum.

My point being, I may not be liked by a lot of folks here, but almost all of them will admit that I know what the heck Im talking about with this gun.

If you dont do something to screw the gun up, it will most likely outlast your lifetime, from what I have seen. I would put an actual number of rounds at the 300,000 mark, at which point the receiver will stretch, the rails will wear our, or the bolt or bolt head will wear out. I am putting this number on a shotgun that has been made properly to spec from the get-go. I expect the gun to go a minimum of 50-60k rounds before I have to address any trigger wear issues.

I have promised a few people that I would do a write up about my particular gun, with detailed photos. Ill try to get it done this week and post it.