2 stage trigger?

A G2 is a 2 stage trigger, if you know what you are doing...

Care to elaborate?

Sure, just for clarity's sake I'm going to define a word; the hole. The hole refers to the space between the front face of the disconnector and the back edge of the trigger hook(s)

Poeple wanting to "bumpfire" sometimes enlarge the hole by filing on the disconector face or the edge of the triggerhooks (or both) This causes less disconnector or trigger hook engagement which makes it easier to bumpfire (and also creates a less safe rifle/shotgun IMO)

In order to turn a G2 into a 2 stage trigger, you must close the hole. This is accomplished by removing material from the bottom front edge of the disconnector. When you do this, the disconnector sits a little farther forward in the trigger assembly.

The trick is to carefully adjust the angle of the disconnector so that it touches the hammer just before the trigger hooks release the hammer.

When done right, you can feel the additional weight of the disconnector spring right before the moment of release(really what you feel a solid thunk as the disconnector hits the hammer)

Depending on the positioning of the holes, sometimes you run into a situation where the disconector is functioning perfectly in 2 stage mode, but won't release the hammer when you reset the trigger. This is because of the "tolerance stacking" I guess, but it's an easy fix to solve this. You just have to file a little on the disconnector hook. This shouldn't affect your 2 stage setup, because the area to be filed on isn't what contacts the hammer when pulling the trigger. The reason is that now the disconnector is resting at a different angle. It is farther forward, and therefore the rounded surface is what hits the hammer when you pull the trigger.

The only negative I've found by doing this is it increase the length of the trigger reset. I don't care about this, because you can easily feel the disco hit the hammer right before the break, so the extra pull becomes a mute point IMO

Jeez, this is why I seldom post, what seems like a simple idea takes too damn many words to try and get across. Hopefully that made sence :)

I used to use the G2 and swapped over to the Arsenal 2-stage. It was well worth it and I would suggest going with a two stage as well.

The Arsenal one has a nice firm squeeze, no play, and a solid break at the end, full trigger control. The G2 is prone to bump fire easily and more than a few people on here have bump fired from the shoulder during target pulls. Some people consider that a feature but I consider bump firing to be a bug. I also found that with the G2's very quick and easy break, that I was more prone to jerking the trigger and not following through. I can honestly say I have seen an improvement in accuracy and consistency with a 2 stage trigger.

2-stage triggers are the same amount of parts and will not affect reliability or simplicity of your rifle/shotgun.