HEVI SHOT DEAD COYOTE

i got a 50 dollar gift card for sportsmanswarehouse as a present, i came across this hevi shot #4 buck shot, the pellets are supposed to be harder and denser than lead. long story short i ordered a box of 25 (for $29.00 ouch!) the shot weight is

1 1/2 ozs at 1300 fps. they just released a new bear round, but it wasnt on the site. everything ive read says they pattern well and have great pentration at long range. just wondering if anyone else has tried them.

ive tried them. they are very nasty. they dont over penetrate like a solid slug and the petals are desighned to break of and make their own wound channels. very effective but pricey. unfortunately sportsmans did not have any or i would have grabbed some more. the hevi shot was the most interesting rnd i could find. wanted to try out something diffrent.

once i started reloading i stopped buying slugs. i still have a bunch of factory stuff, but ive found my handloaded .68 cal rnd ball slugs, give me the best performance in my saiga (and my buddies maverick) theyre just plain accurate, and they dont deform like foster or brenneke slugs. plus i can make them on the cheap. i also load alot of buckshot, but i currently dont have a source for denser than lead buckshot pellets :lolol: (it would be nice)

i got a 50 dollar gift card for sportsmanswarehouse as a present, i came across this hevi shot #4 buck shot, the pellets are supposed to be harder and denser than lead. long story short i ordered a box of 25 (for $29.00 ouch!) the shot weight is

1 1/2 ozs at 1300 fps. they just released a new bear round, but it wasnt on the site. everything ive read says they pattern well and have great pentration at long range. just wondering if anyone else has tried them.

got a link? tried to find em...

dug up some more info. according to the factory its supposed to be 10% heavier than lead. and very hard (not sure how hard but way harder than lead)

might actually be overkill, oh well, should be fun.

Brother don't waste you money on any other bull shit, go straight with the good stuff!---> ((( OOO BUCK SHOT ))) Get it in ether 2 3/4 or 3 inch. I always try to roll with the 3 inch because it has 10 ((( OOO ))) pellets in the mix. Think about it like this: With your barrel choked down to full, it would be like sending a 10 car freight train through something or someone (God forbid) in a ten inch circle @ 35 yards. "DEVASTATING!"

Edited by sgmgsg9

Brother don't waste you money on any other bull shit, go straight with the good stuff!---> ((( OOO BUCK SHOT ))) Get it in ether 2 3/4 or 3 inch. I always try to roll with the 3 inch because it has 10 ((( OOO ))) pellets in the mix. Think about it like this: With your barrel choked down to full, it would be like sending a 10 car freight train through something or someone (God forbid) in a ten inch circle @ 35 yards. "DEVASTATING!"

post-19378-0-24720500-1293527119_thumb.jpg

Because Its my style of free artistic expression. And I like the big ragged-ass holes ((( OOO BUCK ))) leaves in stuff & I want PSI SNIPER to experience the same joys. 8) IF THAT'S O.K. WITH YOU!?!?

Because Its my style of free artistic expression. And I like the big ragged-ass holes ((( OOO BUCK ))) leaves in stuff & I want PSI SNIPER to experience the same joys. 8) IF THAT'S O.K. WITH YOU!?!?

for BIG ragged ass holes ill use one of my .68 rnd balls not much bigger out there. or i could used some of my multidefense rounds with a .68 and buckshoton top. or i could use my .44 roundball loads, or.... it goes on and on, ive reloaded just about everything under the sun. my interest in these is the shear weight of the projectiles. i may end up getting a couple of boxes of the new bear loads (00 buck or slug) anyway, chears!