New saiga 410 cycling

Hey guys I'm new to the saiga line but I have nothing but good things to say so far about the new saiga 410 I picked up the other day. I stripped it down, cleaned everything, re lubed it and wiped everything down with remoil and went to the range for a bit today. For some reason it would not cycle any loads on the #1 gas setting. I tried 3 inch federal 11/16oz high brass loads, winchester xpert 3/8oz 1,400 fps steel shot (though the cylinder bore of course), and brenneke slugs. The #2 setting cycled everything without a hitch and the bolt didn't seem to be slamming back hard. Since I am fairly new to the saiga world, what is everyone elses take on this. I assume the gun just has to be broken in but I just wanted to double check and make sure what everyone else thinks.

Try this link: Gas Regulator Adjustment

General settings are #2 for Light Loads, and #1 for Magnum Loads. Beyond that, your gun may need some tuning to the gas system. You could try an aftermarket gas plugs that has up to 5 settings. Pretty much if it is cycling you should be looking at it with an "if it ain't broke" perspective.

Update. Appearently it just needed some breaking in. By the end of a box of federal 3 inch #6 it started throwing the spent shells about 20 feet so I turned the gas plug back to the #1 setting and low and behold, it cycles just fine now. I even managed to pop a squirrel behind the shop I work at. With the stock full choke, any squirrel within 30 yards is done for with the #6s. #7.5 should stretch that a bit more. Brenneke slugs hold about a 3 inch group at 50 yards with the point of impact being 10 o'clock and 6 inches from the bull. Considering the fact that i absolutely suck with open sights, i suspect with the addition of optics, this gun could well be quite the tack driver. Everyone who handles this weapon just loves it. It definately has a permanent spot in the gun safe with me. Seeing as how well this gun performs, I definately wouldn't mind a 12 or a 20 gauge to make into a slug gun for deer.