Zastava EZ9 Range Report

Its a Zastava EZ9 imported by EAA corp.. retail is $301-320 online

post-8775-0-10860500-1293824610_thumb.jpg

Here are the range results.. shooting Tula Ammo 115gr FMJ.. shot about 150 rounds in less than 40 minutes..:killer:

Upon firing I had about 1 FTF every mag.. it would slam smack into the feed ramp.. maybe the mags..

The left target is at 50 feet (16.6 yards) the other is about 30 ft (10 yards).. Targets are 11 1/2" wide by 19" high..

post-8775-0-57632000-1293824673_thumb.jpg

Came home and cleaned the mags (took them apart) and checked for follower 'catching', and with a little filing cleaned them up..

I also carefully polished/smoothed the feedramp.. seems to feed by hand just fine now..

Keep you all posted.. Maybe I will go back Sunday.. :killer:

Albert

Edited by YWHIC
  • Like 2

Sorry.... 120 rounds total fired.

1st target.. and 1st time shooting it..

80 rounds on the 30 ft target... 62 hits.. 77% hit rate..

2nd target for the outing.

40 rounds at 50 foot target.. 38 hits.. 95% hit rate..

Once I figure out the 3 dot sites I expect this number will go up.. I was shooting low most of the time..

Well I got in 2 Beretta 92 mags (Mil Surplus NEW in brown wrap) 15 round capacity..

Within about 40 minutes I had both mags drilled and dremeled to match the factory mag release HOLE in the front..

First one came out GREAT in like 20 minutes.. the 2nd one took a little longer as when I punched the starter hole for the drill with a nail/hammer I dented the mag :cryss:.. a little more work on that and all seems well..

Both also drop-free.. :super: these were both NIW and only $12 each off of GBroker..

post-8775-0-91887900-1294106149_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this Sat/Sunday I get out and can give a positive follow-up..

Albert

Well I got in 2 Beretta 92 mags (Mil Surplus NEW in brown wrap) 15 round capacity..

Within about 40 minutes I had both mags drilled and dremeled to match the factory mag release HOLE in the front..

First one came out GREAT in like 20 minutes.. the 2nd one took a little longer as when I punched the starter hole for the drill with a nail/hammer I dented the mag :cryss:.. a little more work on that and all seems well..

Both also drop-free.. :super: these were both NIW and only $12 each off of GBroker..

post-8775-0-91887900-1294106149_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this Sat/Sunday I get out and can give a positive follow-up..

Albert

Cool. I wondered if you could mod Beretta 92 mags. Looking forward to your follow-up report. Did you need to mod the followers at all?

Nope.. just basically drilled a small hole and then a bigger one.. and then wrenched the drill bit sideways to widen up abit..

The metal is tuff (like spring steel abit)..

On the one that I dented while punching the started hole, I had to dremel a little off the front/rear of the follower.. then a little tweaking.. I marked that mag B so I know if I have issues at the range what one is which.. :super:

I didn't FLATTEN the top of the HOLE like the factory ones, as so far they don't need it..

I read about the Beretta 92 mags thing on the CZ99 forums and somewhere else..

Even if 1 out of the 2 worked I would have been happy considering factory mags are like $24 each..

These mags are SO new they are stamped with the ASSY Number and 03/2010...

I may order some more if all goes well.. so far they DON"T RATTLE around which is a good start IMHO..

I want this to be FLAWLESS working so I can use it for CC when I go out here in PA and not havee to worry about JAMS..

Al