Pic of 8 rd mag vs 10 rd mag

I want to get a magazine for my rifle that's either 8 or 10 rounds. I have a drum and I love them, but I like to keep my weapons loaded and with the drum on the rifle, it's just very bulky. it's insane firepower for SHTF or for fun shooting. just too big to keep in the safe with my other weapons though. I can't even fold the stock

Well I think the 5 rounder is not enough capacity for this weapon, so I was thinking of at least an 8 rounder or a 10 rounder. I'm not sure if I can spend the dough on a russian 8 though, so it'll be a US made magazine

what I want to know is if anyone has any pics of an 8 rounder and a 10 rounder, preferably on their Saiga. I want to see how much it sticks out

and as far as comparison goes. size wise, how do the 8 and 10 compare to the AK47 magazine?

Thanks everyone!

The Izzy 8 rounder (holds 9, actually) is the way to go............

SureFire 8 rounder (U.S. made)..........If you don't get an Izzy 8, this is the one.....

ProMag 12 rounder (U.S. made)...........I don't care for it.......not particularly reliable, in my view.....

post-3950-0-60036500-1294028486_thumb.jpg

post-3950-0-09769200-1294028506_thumb.jpg

post-3950-0-85758000-1294028710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 1

.........pretty much the same size........

Fourteen times the price! :lolol:

..........the price you sometimes pay for flawless function....... I have at least one

of every mag (and drum, except that AA bullshit) made for the S-12........Some work pretty well most of the time, some don't work worth a shit any of the time, but the Izzy 8 works every time. Money well spent, in my book............ YMMV

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 3

..........the price you sometimes pay for flawless function....... I have at least one

of every mag (and drum, except that AA bullshit) made for the S-12........Some work pretty well most of the time, some don't work worth a shit any of the time, but the Izzy 8 works every time. Money well spent, in my book............ YMMV

I hear ya! I'll have one at some point too, just hard to swallow the prices they fetch.

I hear ya! I'll have one at some point too, just hard to swallow the prices they fetch.

oh they are pricey. thats why when i actually had the money i got one. also why im having a little debate with myself for buying another (the price is right)

SureFire 8 rounder (U.S. made)..........If you don't get an Izzy 8, this is the one.....

ProMag 12 rounder (U.S. made)...........I don't care for it.......not particularly reliable, in my view.....

I've got 3 of the 8 round mags and none of them hold 9 rounds. Have you modified the magazine in any way to increase capacity?

I've got 3 of the 8 round mags and none of them hold 9 rounds. Have you modified the magazine in any way to increase capacity?

Nope.......No modification at all to the mags. Both of my Izzy 8's hold 9 rounds, for whatever reason......

I've had them for about 5 years, so maybe the newer ones only will hold 8 ???

Nope.......No modification at all to the mags. Both of my Izzy 8's hold 9 rounds, for whatever reason......

I've had them for about 5 years, so maybe the newer ones only will hold 8 ???

And even if they do hold 9, it sounds like you'd be overcompressing the spring leading to premature wear/failure.

That's one of my big worries with these 8 round mags, we pay a huge premium for them, but what happens when the springs weaken and fail to feed reliably? Is there even a way to get replacement springs?

"And even if they do hold 9, it sounds like you'd be overcompressing the spring leading to premature wear/failure."

I'm five years in with my Izzy 8's...... and they stay fully loaded at all times with 9 rounds.

I've experienced no loss of function whatsoever, as to an overcompressed spring problem. Of course, YMMV.