Draco with Ace installation help!

Hey guys, I've got a draco on the way, and with the proper barrel extension to make it legal length, I plan on putting a ace stock on it. Now heres the question I have. I know you can drill and tap the trunnion, but on the ace stock I got, theres a section on the face of the metal that protudes maybe an 8th of an inch or so. heres the pic

SprintPhoto_bfuuei.jpg

It looks like in order for the stock to seat properly and flush with the dracos trunnion I'll have to grind that down? Im not sure what else to do, and the only guy I've seen with that particular stock on his is on Arfcom and my email isnt valid on that site.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, you need to Dremel/file that down flat, as far as I know, to mount directly to the rear trunnion of a Draco.

If you notice, the Ace adapters that those are designed to work with (which you obviously don't need when drilling/tapping directly into a Draco trunnion) has a relief cut for that part to fit into:

2359829.JPG

Hey guys, I've got a draco on the way, and with the proper barrel extension to make it legal length, I plan on putting a ace stock on it. Now heres the question I have. I know you can drill and tap the trunnion, but on the ace stock I got, theres a section on the face of the metal that protudes maybe an 8th of an inch or so. heres the pic

SprintPhoto_bfuuei.jpg

It looks like in order for the stock to seat properly and flush with the dracos trunnion I'll have to grind that down? Im not sure what else to do, and the only guy I've seen with that particular stock on his is on Arfcom and my email isnt valid on that site.

Thanks guys.

Yep, I noticed that the other day, I was planning on filling it flat. But that'll be later this year, let us know how it goes for ya!!!

Awesome! alright cool I just wanted to get some confirmation before I start drinking and dremelling. I was thinking about installing that ace drop in trunnion, but I dont have the know how to remove the underfolding trunnion thats already there. Anyone care to explain a good method to ripping one of those out?

• 3 weeks later...

ARRRGH! so, I got everything together, I drilled out the trunnion, good god that took along time, but then, then, I broke the freaking tap inside of the hole! I have no way of getting it out, Im about to go out there and try to punch it out, not sure where to go from here.

Tapping this stuff is downright insane, I'm having a very tough time with this, am really considering just removing the trunnion and installing a standard rifle trunnion. If I can remove the broken tap I'm going to the store to buy a nice strong powerdrill to run the tap as I wasnt getting anywhere with the T-handle one I was using.

I just went a couple 1/4 turns using cutting oil. If I felt it start to bind I would back it out and clean the threads with an air compressor. re-oil and continue with my 1/4 turns. slowly. it take like 7-25 min depending on how comfortable you are with it. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Heh. Thats it. I give in. 3 broken taps later.... I suck at life. I'm swapping out the trunnion with a standard AKM rear trunnion, going to get a VLTOR m4 stock mod and use that.

I just drilled mine with a 3/16 bit (2 bits) then went to the hardware store and picked up some 1" allen 10/24 thread and bolted them to the rear trunnion. Since your using a folder, you may want to go alittle longer. I used the ACE pig nose stock adapter and it was fine with bolt length.

I didn't consider threading due to the trunnion being tough to tap. Just take your ACE allen bolts to the hardware store and match them up.. I believe they are 10/32.

the only issue of cutting out the rear trunnion area is its a pain. Your almost there just get longer bolts and nuts and lock tight them down.

Good luck. I just posted in How about those hot rodded Draco's. Check it out.