About 20 years later.... I have a 10 22... and a few questions

I have owned plenty of ARs, AKs, SKSs, Glocks, and all kinds of other firerams. I have wanted a 10 22 for about 20 years, had a few nice 10 22 parts for 'someday', and I finally got one. I am thrilled.

Now for the questions....

1- Has anyone successfully modified the factory 10 22 extractor to extract more reliably? Link , pics? Looking at it, I think that I may be able to do it some good.... or just buy a quality modified extractor?

2- Anyone know of a reputable shop that can 'Blacken' a stainless steel barrel (PX process?) I hate shiny and this barrel seems waaaay shiny to me.

3- Who has a reasonable price on TI mags and Clear factory 10 rounders?

4- Is there a good thread where I can see how to completetly disassemble this firearm?

post-22401-0-44614500-1294537693_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-97338500-1294537709_thumb.jpg

To extract more reliably, find an ammo the gun likes - Federal bulk pack in the case of my rifle - and keep the rifle clean and well-oiled.

Honestly, I don't worry about it so much, since my 10/22 is not a fighting rifle. If one of my Saigas failed to extract, I would get exercised about it; with the 10/22, I just pull the bolt again and keep on going.

Very nice rifle. TacticalInc.com has the Polycarb TI25's for $17.99. They're probably the best value for plinking. I have the Composite steel lips version as well. No complaints about either one of them. The PolyCarb feedlips aren't cheap plastic like other mags, so for $17.99 you can't go wrong.

What aftermarket parts are in your rifle?

PS- browse the forums over at RimfireCentral. Lot's of good info.

Edited by KC913

Nice rifle. I have the same stock setup on mine with a bull barrel.

The girlfriend shot it and now she won't give it back.

I am scared to let my wife fire it for this same reason. I know she will debo it :lolol:

To extract more reliably, find an ammo the gun likes - Federal bulk pack in the case of my rifle - and keep the rifle clean and well-oiled.

Honestly, I don't worry about it so much, since my 10/22 is not a fighting rifle. If one of my Saigas failed to extract, I would get exercised about it; with the 10/22, I just pull the bolt again and keep on going.

I will probably order a modified extractor whenever I buy mags.... for $10-15 why not? I figure that after all of the other ammo has run out, this little thing can take small game and enable me to be somewhat sneaky with a can on it. We have a lot of .22 ammo. The local company that did the engraving on the wife's SBR AR manufactures supressors. They have a 22 version in 1/2x28 threading that has a replaceable blast baffle for $225 and I want to grab one.

This little gun wants to fight.... I see it in it's eyes. Kinda like "The Little Train that Could", lol.

Very nice rifle. TacticalInc.com has the Polycarb TI25's for $17.99. They're probably the best value for plinking. I have the Composite steel lips version as well. No complaints about either one of them. The PolyCarb feedlips aren't cheap plastic like other mags, so for $17.99 you can't go wrong.

What aftermarket parts are in your rifle?

PS- browse the forums over at RimfireCentral. Lot's of good info.

Specs....

Fajen stock

ER Shaw threaded barrel

Koenig V-Block

VQ takedown screw

VQ extended mag release

Timney trigger

Power Custom Titanium firing pin

Harris bipod

Leupold 2x7-33

Butler Creek Blizzard covers

Unknown scope mount

unknown high rise rings

Going to the range tomorrow to see what it will do with Minimags....

CDNN usually has the clear factory 10s for $13.99 too. I want to get some TI mags at some point just because they look awesome.

That's cheaper than anywhere else that I have seen. Also, the TI polymer mags are supposed to be the most reliable hicaps. E. Arthur Brown Co. has them for $34 or $32 for 2+.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

That's cheaper than anywhere else that I have seen. Also, the TI polymer mags are supposed to be the most reliable hicaps. E. Arthur Brown Co. has them for $34 or $32 for 2+.

I discovered that the very inexpensive Eagle 30 rounders worked great for me when I downloaded them to 25. In fact, they were more reliable for me than the factory mags, although if you hold them like an AK mag or put pressure on them they will often misfeed.

• Like 1

I put about 200 rounds of Federal 550 bulk pack through it today and had about 10 or so FTEs. It was failing to extract the spent casing and attempting to feed another round, so I am sure that the extractor just isn't catching the casings every time. I'm going to order an extractor and some more mags before I fire it again.

This is an extremely fun rifle and it was easy to be accurate with. After I got it dialed in, it shined.

Sweet rifle. It really increased my trigger time.. Thanks for the mag. tip Jim. I havent found a mag that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that is

consistant with feeding.

Have you tried the TI25's? You can adjust 4 screws at the top of it to get the feed angle perfect for your rifle. I haven't had one problem with any of my TI25's, even right out of the packaging before adjusting them. The cheapest TI25 is only $17.99. It's not $7.99 like some of the other cheap plastic mags, but it's worth every penny. :up:

From their website:

"What separates this mag from all others is the patent pending ability to micro adjust it for an exact fit in your gun for (1)FEED ANGLE, (2) FEED HEIGHT and (3) EJECTOR TO BOLT DISTANCE using the supplied 3/32" allen wrench. Four cap screws on the top of the mag that mate with your 10/22 receiver allow the mag to quickly be precision adjusted for an exact fit in your gun by minimally increasing or decreasing the individual heights of each of the cap screws (like leveling an appliance), resulting in a magazine that has minimal to no wiggle in your gun AND THAT WORKS!. The ability to quickly one time precision adjust it to your gun means that you can count on reliable feeding every time."

magti25-11-500.jpg