New Saiga 12

Hi all, I have a new Saiga 12 on the way and I am looking at changing the stock out. This should be an easy process as I can see buy reviewing all the threads and video links hear on this wonderful site. But there is always a catch, I live in CT. and they do not allow a pistol grip on this shotgun so after some searching I stumbled on some Romanian PSL type stocks. Now for the question, will this stock mount up on our receivers with a little work? I do plan to replace the trigger group with a G2 kit so the trigger will be in it's intended position. Thanks to any and all that help...Jim in CT.

Edited by capj66

As for it mounting with little work, I am not sure, but it would be legal in CT. As long as its a "skeletonized or thumbhole" style stock, then it doesn't count as a pistol grip. Just to make it clear, with that style stock you can have as "high" a capacity magazine as you want and as it is a shotgun, muzzle devices/threaded barrels don't count so you can do a flash hider/muzzle break as well. Just keep 922 in mind with a non-US stock, I don't rely on magazines for that, too much of a grey area for me. Hope that helps.

I picked up one of these fiberforce stocks for my saiga12 at cabelas last week :smoke:

How do you like it? Wish they sold the stock without the handguard....for my .308 Saiga

You don't have to use the handguard.

Right....just figured it would cut some of the price.....found a place selling the stock for $49 and the butt pad for $5