How to mount Vented Steel Upper HGs for S-12 / S-20

OK Gurus.....ordered this thinking it would be a simple fit. Now, I just converted my S-12, including a fresh coat of gun kote. So, do I have to remove the front block to fit this thing on? I think I could squeeze it over the top of the tube, but I am sure I would scrape the new paint clean off. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-263/Saiga-12-20-Vented/Detail

it slides right on, there was a little play on mine so I pinched in the corners a little to tighten it up

Thanks for the fast reply. As for slides right on, man, I must be really slow. This things diameter is much smaller then the diameter of the gas tube. I just picked it and noticed about 2" of rust on it! Wow. OK, gun koting it now.....will possibly test later. If not, in my bag of 'not needed' parts.

I just hit mine up with some high temp black paint. the metal is flexible enough you can mend it a little to get it on and then bend it back real tight. I used a punch to crimp the corners onto the gas tube to remove any play.

It's always nice to have something between you and any parts that get warm. Once you get it on forget about it, your hands will thank you :wub:

Edited by Rusty truck

I just hit mine up with some high temp black paint. the metal is flexible enough you can mend it a little to get it on and then bend it back real tight. I used a punch to crimp the corners onto the gas tube to remove any play.

It's always nice to have something between you and any parts that get warm. Once you get it on forget about it, your hands will thank you :wub:

Thanks Rusty. Will give it a try.