Well all.. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for keeping an eye out and reporting spam.

(We have had a heavy surge of it lately.)

It makes work for the staff a lot easier when y'all are lookin' out... Thanks...

Yeah, I hate those fuckers. I reported one of them recently.

I know these are automated bots.........but you figure whoever's sending these things out would at least target forums with similar interests. As opposed to posting links to $20 Gucci shoes on a gun forum. :lolol:

• Like 1

Simple solution, but a time intensive one, is to make all new accounts manual admin authentication only.

That way, you control who gets on.

Now I belonged to a thoroughly neglected board that did that, then hundreds of new members couldnt register,

so it's only for an active admin.

Simple solution, but a time intensive one, is to make all new accounts manual admin authentication only.

Now I belonged to a thoroughly neglected board that did that, then hundreds of new members couldnt register,

Another way is to not allow people to sign up with free email accounts; Yahoo, GMail, Hotmail, etc, that all these spambots usually use to sign up with. Some other boards do that. But a lot of people don't even know what their ISP email is, so it'd be pain for them to sign up.

A militant action would be nice in which we flood the offending sites with similar crap. keeping order windows open endlessly and such to minimize sales...

• Like 2

Another way is to not allow people to sign up with free email accounts; Yahoo, GMail, Hotmail, etc, that all these spambots usually use to sign up with. Some other boards do that. But a lot of people don't even know what their ISP email is, so it'd be pain for them to sign up.

Yeah, I hate it when people do that. My ISP is my internet service provider. I deliberately don't use their email; I have never set it up, and I don't want to, because they are just the internet provider (like it says), not my email host. The days of having an ISP do email are over, like AOL is over.

Yeah, I hate it when people do that. My ISP is my internet service provider. I deliberately don't use their email; I have never set it up, and I don't want to, because they are just the internet provider (like it says), not my email host. The days of having an ISP do email are over, like AOL is over.

Yeah, I had never used an ISP email until I signed up to Arfcom, which blocks free emails. I had to call Time Warner to get the login and password, because I hadn't ever used it. That's why it would be a pain for most, but it's just another option to help block all this spam bullshit. I see we just had another outbreak of these bastards.