I have been thinking on making a conversion myself on a Saiga .223 , instead of paying big bucks for an Arsenal SLR106 . I am very handy and not unfamiliar to tinkering with firearms ... I will need some help as to what to do and what to convert(I know that the trigger has to be moved ; perhaps I would upgrade to a Tapco 2 ) but I have 3 questions : 1) Is the muzzle brake threaded on the Saiga .223 ? I want to replace it with the AK-74 type , so I need the barrel it to be threaded . 2) What about the famous .223 feeding ramp ? Do they come with it or I will have to improvise on that ? Don`t want FTF problems 3) Will I be able to replace the butt stock ? I want to install a Magpul adjustable stock , with a collapsible mwechanism . I can avoid the building buying an Arsenal , but I want to do it , so please , give me some tips as to where to begin , etc ... Thanks

Edited by josey88

Didya Google?

Quick answers:

1) No. The muzzle will either need to be threaded and fitted with an adapter for the 24mm thread, or the front sight block will need to be replaced with a AK-74 block.

2) They are not equipped with bullet guide. You can either make one yourself or purchase one specific to your rifle's trunnion type. Dinzag sells them and CSS should have them in stock in a few weeks. You could also forgo the BG and just use Saiga-specific magazines.

3) Yes. In fact, the stock may have to be replaced depending on your choices of compliance parts. I just put a Magpul MOE on my .223 using a CAA adjustable buttstock tube.

While 922r compliance is the usual legal concern with Saiga conversions, also be sure it's legal wherever you're located.