loading surefire magazines

Hi. I want to buy a 20 or 30rd surefire magazine and keep it loaded and stored away for home defence purposes. With that many rounds and the possibility it will sit there for a looonggg time will it eventually come apart?

i feel like getting a 20 because it's the same as a box of ammo just buy a box of good hollow points.

It's not leaving it loaded that wears it out, it's loading and unloading a lot that does it.

20s are nice for range shooting and they work just as well as any of the others. That being said, I'd buy two 30s and clamp them together.

Always best to have more ammo and not need it. Make sure you are 922r compliant!

It's not leaving it loaded that wears it out, it's loading and unloading a lot that does it.

I would question that. Surefires do not have the feedlips reinforced with steel, and many mags like that develop cracks from being loaded a long time. I would want to test the Surefires before relying on them.

Better yet, switch to Circle 10s for home defense, or possibly Weigers or Galil steels.

I have a Surefire 30 rounder I have kept loaded about a year. I shot it last week and reloaded it. No issues.

Additionally, I would get the 30 round magazines... You can always cut them down to a lower capacity whenever you would want/need to.

i got a saiga 223 that i did a pistol grip/stock conversion. i don't have a bullet guide and i don't want have to modify mag well or anything so i'm pretty much stuck with surefire

You would not need to modify the mag well to use the Weigers or Galils, although you would need a bullet guide. The Weiger itself would need to be modified, but there are very clear and specific directions how to do that. Personally, I don't want to be "stuck" with second rate magazines, especially when my life may depend on those magazines.

At the current price for the Surefires, the Weigers (which are equivalently priced) are a _vastly_ better buy.

• Like 1

As usual, I have to agree completely with JD... Milsurp mags are the way to go, with Surefires at the top of the commercial mags IMO.

Laslarue- WTF??? You know we don't use the "P" word when us grownups are talking serious rifle talk. Take those pieces of shit to the range to shoot at, not with.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=60872&st=0&p=580352&fromsearch=1entry580352

• Like 1