Dinged Saiga receiver question

Hey guys new member here with a quick question. I just picked up a used but unfired Saiga 7.62 for a great price which I plan on converting. As I was taking it apart tonight I noticed that there are two small dings right above the magwell on the left side of the receiver It looks as though it was done before finishing ( no chips in the finish ). The dings are very shallow and if you saw it you would probably think I am crazy asking about it . If I run my finger on the inside opposite of the receiver it feels bumpy and uneven in that spot. I do not think it will cause any ill effects on the gun but my OCD is getting the best of me and wanted to get a second opinion.

This is my first conversion and I am sure I will have a few more questions down the line.

Thanks for the help

CS

post-30753-0-98410000-1296101088_thumb.jpg

post-30753-0-24359500-1296101130_thumb.jpg

post-30753-0-52539500-1296101140_thumb.jpg

Edited by cyclesteel

i dont think it would be an issue either. if you are bothered by them, you could use a hammer with a brass rod and carefully knock them out.

Thanks for the info guys . I figured it was only a cosmetic issue. I can't really complain I got the gun for $275 out the door. It was never fired. Pretty much brand new no ware or handling marks ( until I got it home) except those 2 dings which you can not even notice unless the light is right

DO NOT FIRE THIS RIFLE !!!! Pack it back up.....send it to me ..... I will pay you $275.00 and you will be done with this dangerous and unsafe weapon for good !!!! Just kidding,those dents would have to be deep enough to hit moving parts or warp the receiver to cause a problem . This is a rifle that has been used all over the world in some of the most extreme elements and in the worst shape and kept right on working !!! it is a robust design and your rifle should give you great service.

• Like 1