KCI Conversions?

I've been looking for a converted S12 for a while now. Just about gave up when the whole thing about the ATF announcement started. Looking thru the vendors section and the search engine, I did not see much comments about the Krebs Custom conversions. I would appreciate any insight / comments / feddback / experience you can provide on them and their S12 conversion.

Thanks in advance!

In all likely hood, the "DD/Imported Shotgun" scare was really about the Taurus Raging Judge. It was only ever speculation that it was Saiga based.

That's not saying there is a massive difference between Saigas and USAS12s, except for the sheer number of Saigas out there. While a ban / reclassification / halt of imports is possible, it's looking less likely.

There was really only one blog that posted it, and started the whole speculation.

In all likely hood, the "DD/Imported Shotgun" scare was really about the Taurus Raging Judge. It was only ever speculation that it was Saiga based.

That's not saying there is a massive difference between Saigas and USAS12s, except for the sheer number of Saigas out there. While a ban / reclassification / halt of imports is possible, it's looking less likely.

There was really only one blog that posted it, and started the whole speculation.

this was what the ATF released on Monday: ATF Study

Never heard a Krebs complaint. Use to be a custom builder, like our vendors here. Now, put out run weapons. Have a KTR-03 in Vepr and Saiga, both 7.62X39. So, if you see a model you like, should be satisfied. If want custom features, either add on yourself, or have custom builder just do a complete job here. Also check out Dist/parts vendors here. Many sell complete weapons. Who's best, got opinion, yet haven't tried all. And some build variations for special use, or just the casual shooter. :smoke:

I live not too far from his shop. A few years back when they allowed visitors, I met Marc Krebs. He is an incredible builder / smith. His 1911's are sick. He hooked me up with fire control for an ak build I was working on. Got to pick his brain and can honestly say he is a true professional and a decent guy - took the time to help me, a complete noob, understand the critical areas of an ak and how to tune their performance. I ordered my first Saiga from him but unfortunately lost my funding when the gun came available. Once I had the $$ again - I bought mine from Mississippi Auto Arms - they're vendors here and have great service.

Like these guys are saying, take the time to think about what you want in the build and search out a builder who specializes in what you want. Red Jacket (good luck since last night), Tromix (sporadically taking orders again - I here) Lone Star Arms, Cadiz, look thru the vendor section - these guys are the best in the biz