Picked up a 12 today

My first Saiga product and I already have issues. Anyone else experience original factory magazine troubles? Mine would not lock into the well. I had the bolt locked back with the bolt hold and it would not snap in; like my Mini 14 does. After much inspection and deliberation, I decided that the problem was the magazine lip at the latch side was too deep, Pulled out the Dremel tool, popped in a fine grinding stone and ground the top edge of the mag lip down till it would snap in. Voila! Now I am ready to check out the operation with my 12g snap caps. What the heck?!, the bolt won't release now. Where did the bolt hold back stop lever go? It's up inside the gun. I get out my mini screwdriver and grab the lever and it pops down. But there is no spring to it any longer? It keeps falling back into the hole when I turn the gun over. Well, not sure how, but I finally got it to stay out, and I was able to rack the two snap caps. Now I am worried that it will pop back into the gun if I attempt to use it. So I reloaded the magazine and held back the bolt manually. Is there a trick to this thing? Does dry firing (no snap cap) cause a problem like this? I did do that one time before I fixed the magazine. Any help with this situation would be welcome.

Is there some place you can acquire a more in depth manual for these shotguns? I am very hands on kind of person and prefer to do all my own servicing. I wish I had checked the magazine before I bought it. I would have asked for a discount. Now that it is fixed, I doubt they will agree to any compensation; like a free magazine would have been nice, one that worked.

With some mechanical aptitude, patience and a little rest in between (watched the new A-TEAM movie) I was able to solve the problem. The bolt hold stop return spring had popped off it's indent and there was no spring back action. With a combination Craftsman L shaped and Straight tip awl/pick, I was able to lift up the bolt stop, lift the trigger spring and maneuver the spring back into position on the hold stop spring rest. Works like a champ.

• Like 1