Question About Polishing Internals On S-12

I understand that polishing the internals on an S-12 makes the gun cycle smoother by reducing drag, friction, etc. At the same time though, wouldn't it also, upon firing a round, cause the bolt carrier to move rearward with greater force, putting more stress on the recoil spring and therefore the rear trunnion, possibly creating quicker wear in that area ? It just seems that it would when I think about it. Just a thought, but I'm no expert by any means.

Thanks for all replies.

I understand that polishing the internals on an S-12 makes the gun cycle smoother by reducing drag, friction, etc. At the same time though, wouldn't it also, upon firing a round, cause the bolt carrier to move rearward with greater force, putting more stress on the recoil spring and therefore the rear trunnion, possibly creating quicker wear in that area ? It just seems that it would when I think about it. Just a thought, but I'm no expert by any means.

Thanks for all replies.

The guns were built for stronger rounds than american low brass bird-shot.

It helps keep power in the gun.

If people feel they're overgassed, or there's too much power in the cycle, they can tune a gun down with one of the various aftermarket plugs.

Thanks for all replies.

This is part of the reason that I call bullshit on the overgassing issue. What if my weapon is what most would consider 'perfectly gassed' and I reprofile and polish various internal items and surfaces? Is it now technically 'overgassed' because with the reduced friction it now requires lees gas to move the carrier rearward?

Don't worry about it. The Kalashnikovs are designed to strike the rear trunnion during normal operation. As long as you run the weapon with the gas regulator set apropriately for the ammo used, you should be fine. Repofile and polish away....