k-var handguard retainer question

Another excuse to get rid of the neutered shit on your rifle ;)

I want to change out my FSB with a threaded one, but have bad thoughts about doing it myself :lolol: This may be one time I don't do the work myself. I have no problem admitting my lack of confidence on this project :D

Another excuse to get rid of the neutered shit on your rifle ;)

I want to change out my FSB with a threaded one, but have bad thoughts about doing it myself :lolol: This may be one time I don't do the work myself. I have no problem admitting my lack of confidence on this project :D

Trust in yourself, young one. Try and you will surely succeed.

Trust in yourself, young one. Try and you will surely succeed.

I'm just worried I will drill into my barrel if I use my Dremel. How well does the pipe cutter method work to check for threads before I remove the FSB?

That method didn't really work for me, I ended up not having threads anyway. As for cutting into the barrel, it's pretty damn thick. What you can do, is cut in a bit and take a rubber mallet and give it a good thwack. I cut in slightly on both sides, and one good hit broke the metal apart and I twisted the FSB off. The GB required a lot less, cut in on both sides and broke it in two. Then I just pulled it apart and I was done.