Question about Gas Ports

Well after doing a 308 and a 223 saiga converison a few years ago, I have caved in and bought the saiga 12. Its been a while since doing one but i figured i better get one before its to late with my luck, they where a blast to do. Any ways i have been reading and searched about doing the 12 and the number of gas ports in the guns keep coming up. Now my gun is from 2009 and has 3 gas port holes in a triangle form, i thought only the two bottom ones left and right where drilled out but after bending the paper clip to almost flush it slid in the thrid hole at quite an angle. Is this common to have two stright holes and one angled hole are the 3 hole guns the ones you want any info on this would be great. It seems theres all sorts of different stuff wrote about this issue. I have not shot the gun yet i am waiting on my conversion parts to be delivered. Thank

All three holes should be milled at an angle towards the muzzle. Shoot the gun to break it so you know there are no warranty issues before converting. A couple hundred slugs or buckshot. NOT the light game loads.